New ROGer Array s73fan PC Specs
    s73fan PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
    ProcessorAM4 Ryzen 7 3800x 4.5ghz
    Memory (part number)Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMINGOC Edition GDDR5 DP HDMI DVI VR Ready AMD Graphics Card
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorLG
    CPU CoolerWraith Prism LED Cooler
    CaseTHOR - Full ATX
    Power Supply800GS
    OS Windows 10pro

Crash issues with ROG B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 7 3800x & ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GA

I need a bit of help with my build.

Since I have a newer CPU I had to update the bios of the board. Had a few hiccups here. First the fan was not recognized (Wraith Prism Led CPU fan) so I plugged into a CHA_FAN to boot until I could download the latest BIOS. Now, the Fan is still not recognized and I have to set the BIOS to ignore monitoring for the CPU fan but at least it turns on using CPU_FAN connection.

I've downloaded all recent drivers for my Ryzen 7 3800x CPU and Stix-RX580 GPU.

The problem is I keep crashing during game play. I can play for about 20min and then the PC shuts off. Monitoring the CPU and GPU frequently, I can tell it's not a heat issue. 49-60 degrees. I've never crashed outside of playing games which makes me think it's probably a GPU issue or memory, (32g Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM) issue.

How should I start to troubleshoot this problem, I'm not really a wiz when it comes to these sort of things.

Thanks guys!

New ROGer Array BIRDMANv84 PC Specs
    BIRDMANv84 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero 7 (non wifi)
    ProcessorRyzen 5 3600x
    Memory (part number)HX432C16PB3K2/16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 O8G ROG STRIX OC Edition
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    CPU CoolerNoctua D15-SE AM4
    CaseNZXT H500
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G3 750
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
    Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
    Headset Hyper X
    Mouse Pad Gamers Nexus
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R7000

My 3000 ryzen wont work without going back to BIOS 2501, anything newer than that it either wont post, says I need to reinstall windows and crashed during google chrome. only problem i have on BIOS 2501 is Destiny 2 wont launch, I see fixes in later BIOS but they wont work with my 3600x

New ROGer Array s73fan PC Specs
    s73fan PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
    ProcessorAM4 Ryzen 7 3800x 4.5ghz
    Memory (part number)Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMINGOC Edition GDDR5 DP HDMI DVI VR Ready AMD Graphics Card
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorLG
    CPU CoolerWraith Prism LED Cooler
    CaseTHOR - Full ATX
    Power Supply800GS
    OS Windows 10pro

Got it down to the GPU

Seems the RX 580 OC edition has tons of terrible reviews. Seems people are crashing all over the place with this card.

Solution for 30mins of game play, decrease the power of the GPU in wattman. So sad. Still crashes too.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array UltraNEO* PC Specs
    UltraNEO* PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell XPS 13
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel i7-6850k
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3600C17Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Titan X (Pascal)
    Graphics Card #2Titan X (Pascal)
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q (x3)
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1Tb (x4)
    CPU CoolerCustom Watercooled
    CaseCaseLabs SMA8
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Keyboard Paradise Custom
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Mouse Pad Logitech G840 XL
    Headset/Speakers ART SLA2 Linear Amp with JBL Control 5
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterPF Sense
    Accessory #1 Logitech Brio 4k
    Accessory #2 Logitech PowerPlay Game Pad

Quote Originally Posted by s73fan View Post
    I need a bit of help with my build.

Since I have a newer CPU I had to update the bios of the board. Had a few hiccups here. First the fan was not recognized (Wraith Prism Led CPU fan) so I plugged into a CHA_FAN to boot until I could download the latest BIOS. Now, the Fan is still not recognized and I have to set the BIOS to ignore monitoring for the CPU fan but at least it turns on using CPU_FAN connection.

I've downloaded all recent drivers for my Ryzen 7 3800x CPU and Stix-RX580 GPU.

The problem is I keep crashing during game play. I can play for about 20min and then the PC shuts off. Monitoring the CPU and GPU frequently, I can tell it's not a heat issue. 49-60 degrees. I've never crashed outside of playing games which makes me think it's probably a GPU issue or memory, (32g Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM) issue.

How should I start to troubleshoot this problem, I'm not really a wiz when it comes to these sort of things.

Thanks guys!
    To me this sounds like you have faulty RAM somewhere because your system works for a period before crashing.

Start with the basics.

Firstly, remove ALL non essentials. Then workout which momery slot your board uses for One stick of RAM and run a memory test... Check each stick separately... If ALL the RAM check out fine then you have one issue less to suspect.
    ASUS ROG RVIE Omega | i9-9980xe | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
    WD Black 4TB x2 | WD Black 6TB | Corsair AX1200i | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
    XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV