cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer won't turn on, motherboard doesn't respond

achiartistul
Level 7
After 2 years of working without a flawless, my PC won't turn on anymore.
MB - Prime Z270-A MB, CPU - Intel Core™ i7-7700K, 4.20Ghz, Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 16GB(2X8GB) DDR4, 3466MHz and PSU - Corsair TX750M, SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250GB and no graphic card.
I opened the case and all the components which have LEDs are not lit. The only one lit is the power LED on the motherboard. I have pressed the Power SW and the Memory OK on the MBO and still nothing.
I have tested the PSU on a different PC and it's working. I have tested my PC with a different PSU and it's not working. I have switched the places and removed the memory from the slots and still nothing. I have removed all the component and left only the CPU on and still nothing. I have cleared the CMOS and nothing.
I haven't removed yet my CPU. I am starting to believe that there is an issue with my MB or... my CPU? It's frustrating that I don't have any speaker on my MB so I could figure out what's causing the issue. Both are still under warranty and I am not sure which one is causing the problem or how to fix this?
1 REPLY 1

RedSector73
Level 12
try replacing the cmos battery (there inexpensive and may fix the issue) seen them cause funny things to happen (inc. refuse to turn on), once they run low or out of power.

try using another switch (ie reset switch in the on/off position) instead of the case normal on/off, a dodgy switch is always possible as well.