Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G531GV NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 not working after re-installing Windows 10

abhi2603
Level 7
Hello guys,

Hope you are doing well.

I have landed into a bizarre situation and need your expertise to get it resolved.

I re-installed Windows 10 (home) in my ROG Scar III G531GV. After that I installed all the drivers and BIOS upgrade from ASUS download center.

Now my GPU is not working. I am getting below error in driver's properties :

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I have tried following :

1. Uninstalled the driver from device manager, uninstalled all NVIDIA stuff from add/remove programs and then re-installied the latest driver --> didn't work
2. Uninstalled the driver using DDU (in safe mode), re-installed the latest driver by manually downloading it from NVIDIA's website. --> didn't work
3. Uninstalled the driver from device manager, let Windows automatically download and install the driver. --> didn't work

I have attached all the relevant screenshots for your aid. Let me know if you need anything else.
I would really appreciate prompt responses.

Thanks a lot in advance !

Latest BIOS :

Installed it :

GeForce RTC 2060 has a problem :

Problem description :

Driver's version :
9 REPLIES 9

jdfrench3
Level 12
Did you attempt to recover your system (procedures detailed in your User manual, pages 71,72,73)?

Doing so would restore your laptop to near OEM condition.

If instead, you formatted your storage device and installed Windows 10 ad hoc, did you at least retain a copy of your eSupport Folder and use the ASUS Installation Wizard to install all the ASUS supported drivers and programs?

Well if that wasn't done either, then get an ASUS RMA and return your laptop to ASUS for repair.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Did you attempt to recover your system (procedures detailed in your User manual, pages 71,72,73)?

Doing so would restore your laptop to near OEM condition.

If instead, you formatted your storage device and installed Windows 10 ad hoc, did you at least retain a copy of your eSupport Folder and use the ASUS Installation Wizard to install all the ASUS supported drivers and programs?

Well if that wasn't done either, then get an ASUS RMA and return your laptop to ASUS for repair.

Good Luck

Thanks for replying. I formatted my storage device and installed Windows 10. I never used ASUS Installation Wizard anyways.

I download all the drivers from ASUS download center so what is wrong in it ?
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-SCAR-III/HelpDesk_Download/

I am thinking that the BIOS upgrade did something fishy here.

The latest GPU drivers were working absolutely fine a night before all this happened.

Do you have any tricks under your sleeve which could solve this issue ?

Take a look at my STICKY about the eSupport Folder located at the top of this forum.

Did you use the ASUS EZ Flash 3 Utility (defined on page 70 of the ASUS Users Manual) to update your BIOS?

It is the preferred method. Use of WinFlash is sometimes hit or miss.

Either way, your laptop is hosed and must be returned to ASUS for repair.

Good Luck
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Take a look at my STICKY about the eSupport Folder located at the top of this forum.

Did you use the ASUS EZ Flash 3 Utility (defined on page 70 of the ASUS Users Manual) to update your BIOS?

It is the preferred method. Use of WinFlash is sometimes hit or miss.

Either way, your laptop is hosed and must be returned to ASUS for repair.

Good Luck

I did use the EZ Flash 3 Utility. Anyways, I downgraded my BIOS to the version which was working before but the driver problem did not solve.

You seem to depend a lot on the OEM firmware that was provided by ASUS.

Try to understand the situation here :

I did a clean install of Windows.

As soon as Windows boots up for the first time after installing, I see 2 Microsoft basic display adapters in the Device Managers.
The first one is off course, Intel's integrated GPU and second one is NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 2060.

Windows installs the drivers for Intel GPU automatically and it works fine but Windows screws up the 2nd Basic Display Adapter and a Yellow Warning sign appears on it.

The Yellow mark does not go away even after installing the NVIDIA GPU driver downloaded from ASUS download Center.

This is the main issue and the reason why I am looking for help here is because the service center in my city is too far from my home and I have a pretty busy work schedule.

Your main issue is Windows detecting an Intel display adapter. You should have only the NVIDIA display adapter. Delete the Intel driver and update the NVIDIA driver.

Your Clean Install of Windows wiped out the Recovery Partition which could have restored your laptop to near OEM condition. Your Clean Install of Windows wiped out the eSupport Folder which contain the ASUS Installation Wizard that could have installed all the ASUS original programs and drivers (it also installs hidden files).

From your earlier post I'm guessing you have a problem (voltage related) with your NVIDIA GPU.

I believe your BEST course of action is to return the laptop to ASUS for repair.

Good Luck
Homebuilt Windows Server

As for OEM firmware. After you install Windows ad hoc, you must install the OEM drivers so that Windows can properly configure the system. If you simply allow Windows to do all the firmware adjustments itself, guess what, you have problems like yours.*

This is why I suggested you return your laptop to a service center so the storage device can be restored with OEM programs and drivers.

Good Luck**
Homebuilt Windows Server

I have the exact same problem with my G531GU. How did you solved it, my laptop is in service, was 1 month old... But i want an update on your problem because I tried everything you mentioned and nothing worked. https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2019_11/1758650489_Screenshot(1).png.ac3f392ddca354cf... (i can't upload the screnshot here). Thank you!

Nemesies wrote:
I have the exact same problem with my G531GU. How did you solved it, my laptop is in service, was 1 month old... But i want an update on your problem because I tried everything you mentioned and nothing worked. https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2019_11/1758650489_Screenshot(1).png.ac3f392ddca354cf... (i can't upload the screnshot here). Thank you!

I haven't been able to fix this issue so far. No one is able to help. However I might have something for you though. Try this Code 43 fixer script. It didn't work for me but has many success stories. Try it out and keep me posted. Hope it solves your problem (:
https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/script-nvidia-error43-fixer/

abhi2603 wrote:
I haven't been able to fix this issue so far. No one is able to help. However I might have something for you though. Try this Code 43 fixer script. It didn't work for me but has many success stories. Try it out and keep me posted. Hope it solves your problem (:
https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/script-nvidia-error43-fixer/

Already sent it to warranty, they changed my motherboard, but I got no information about what caused that ..... But they ordered a new motherboard same day that I sent the laptop, so I think was factory issue... I hope you are able to fix your laptop, but send it to warranty!