cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are there separate forums for G and GL series?

bugme-not
Level 7
The G531 is similar enough to my GL531 that I get sent there when I'm trying to find drivers for my GL531. So if the models are that similar, why split the forums apart? It just cuts the traffic of potential gurus that might answer questions in half for no reason.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
There are way too many models going back many years in both lines to combine them. People already have issues finding help for niche model-specific issues. Since the G and GL designs are different it's a logical way for ASUS to divide them. That there is some component sharing between the line doesn't make them the same.

Anyway, at this point ASUS has no interest in modifying the forum layout, apparently. It hasn't even bothered to create a section for x570 products so people are just posting in random areas.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Since the G and GL designs are different

But that's just what I was saying. They're not different, except superficially, at least for the GL531/G531. They're so similar that I'm sent to the download page for the G531 driver/bios when I'm looking for stuff for the GL531.

Anyway, at this point ASUS has no interest in modifying the forum layout, apparently. It hasn't even bothered to create a section for x570 products so people are just posting in random areas.

I can believe that. They've phoned in so much else based on my experience with my new purchase it doesn't surprise me.