cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390 GAMING E VGA LED stays Lit but shows display anyways?

pcnuttie
Level 7
This happened the second time and it's a dilemma but the thing is it shows the fact this happened twice before today compared to what happened the day before. What I did was reboot the PC and it went away. Is this a motherboard issue thing? I still show display and everything but the mobo VGA led stays lit. So I assume if it shows display then there is no video card issue and it has to be motherboard hardware related or whatever but from what I read on forums that it happened to a few people out there. They claimed it's a bad display port but I have no issues. I have a VESA certified Display port for 1920x1080p 144hz. Also, this video card isn't a year old. I also read that it could be a bios issue and just needs to be reflashed. I even contacted ASUS tech support and we both know their tech isn't savvy but they did claim if it continues I may need to RMA but I am unsure if I need to if this can be resolved easily?
I am using an ASUS ROG STRIX Z390 GAMING E motherboard.
i7 8700k processor
Corsair Cooler H100i
16Gigs of ram Corsair Veng RGB
EVGA 1660TI Ultra XC 6gb
Corsair 700 Watt power supply

2 Samsung SSD 500gb as OS primary drive and 256gb for storage and gaming.
NXZT H700i case.

Recent latest bios update too. 1302
2 REPLIES 2

pcnuttie
Level 7
Apparently, this bug has returned again. I just replaced the same motherboard and installed it. It worked fine so far and booted for days. I didn't reinstall Windows 10 because it had the same drivers and I know I should. Moot point, I encountered the LED VGA ERROR light. It returned back again and can't be my video card because it isn't a year old. I do get display on my monitor and all but the LED VGA ERROR lights up again. I think this is a firmware bug so far I was told by Micro Center and ASUS needs to address this. I can't believe it happened again. Has anyone encountered this bug and still get a display on their monitors? I can just reboot and the LED white VGA error goes away. I have no clue what is the cause of this. This makes me wonder if I should go ahead and install a bios update since it's a new motherboard but I don't want to until I find out if they fixed this issue. I may get a new display port and see what happens. Please post anyone so I can get a reference and see if someone else has been through this before.

To avoid this issue before startup: turn on your monitor first
To fix this issue after startup: sleep the pc and go back

I hope a future bios version will fix definitively the bug but it seems all Z390 models are impacted (even Maximus)