Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Exclamation G.SKILL Trident Z RGB + AURA = NO CONTROL ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ASUS⠀-⠀PLEASE READ

    I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

    Here are my specs:

    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (1903) Build 18362.10022
    MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 64GB
    GPU: Asus ROG Strix 8GB OC RTX 2070
    Storage: Intel SSD 750, Samsung NVMe 970 EVO, Intel Optane 32GB
    Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
    PSU: Corsair HX850i

    No overclocking. XMP Enabled. SPD Write Enabled.
    Last edited by DustinW; 10-14-2019 at 04:28 AM.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    212

    Quote Originally Posted by DustinW View Post
    I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

    Here are my specs:

    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (1903) Build 18362.10022
    MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 64GB
    GPU: Asus ROG Strix 8GB OC RTX 2070
    Storage: Intel SSD 750, Samsung NVMe 970 EVO, Intel Optane 32GB
    Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
    PSU: Corsair HX850i

    No overclocking. XMP Enabled. SPD Write Enabled.
    well I have same RAM and board and it works for me. I use Armoury Crate. Have you updated your bios?*

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,697

    Quote Originally Posted by DustinW View Post
    I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

    Here are my specs:

    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (1903) Build 18362.10022
    MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 64GB
    GPU: Asus ROG Strix 8GB OC RTX 2070
    Storage: Intel SSD 750, Samsung NVMe 970 EVO, Intel Optane 32GB
    Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
    PSU: Corsair HX850i

    No overclocking. XMP Enabled. SPD Write Enabled.
    Try using these as follows. these work best IF registry cleaners have not being use. Also close the aura apps or armory crate app.

    1. open c
    2. open program files (x86)
    3. open lighting service
    4. delete file name LastProfile.XML
    5. empty recycle bin
    6.Open Services (windows logo type services
    7. Find LightingService and restart that service, and restart the computer. IF the service is stop start the service and righ away restart and restart the computer.
    These is the process to make aura work, or at far is the fix we find that works the best 99% of the times
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Re@per View Post
    well I have same RAM and board and it works for me. I use Armoury Crate. Have you updated your bios?*
    Yep! Updated to latest bios

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC View Post
    Try using these as follows. these work best IF registry cleaners have not being use. Also close the aura apps or armory crate app.

    1. open c
    2. open program files (x86)
    3. open lighting service
    4. delete file name LastProfile.XML
    5. empty recycle bin
    6.Open Services (windows logo type services
    7. Find LightingService and restart that service, and restart the computer. IF the service is stop start the service and righ away restart and restart the computer.
    These is the process to make aura work, or at far is the fix we find that works the best 99% of the times
    This does not affect the DRAM. Aura will notice everything except that. In fact even when I restart the service, all RGB turns off temporaily, except the DRAM - it's just ALWAYS in G.SKILLs standard rainbow pattern, no mater what.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    212

    Quote Originally Posted by DustinW View Post
    Yep! Updated to latest bios
    have you done a cmos clear?

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,697

    Quote Originally Posted by DustinW View Post
    This does not affect the DRAM. Aura will notice everything except that. In fact even when I restart the service, all RGB turns off temporaily, except the DRAM - it's just ALWAYS in G.SKILLs standard rainbow pattern, no mater what.
    Thanks for the note. need another user with these issue so i can check and cross check.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •