Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Sadly ASUS nor G.SKILL have properly addressed this issue and either has done nothing to offer a remedy. Sad.

ROG Member Array

ASUS, can you in writing confirm that the ROG Maximus XI Extreme is compatible with the RGB of G.Skill's Trident Z RGB DIMMs? Right now I am led to believe it is NOT. When you explore an infinite loop of useless run arounds and solutions that completely miss the mark, you are led to believe that there is a compatibility issue. THERE IS NO SOLUTION THAT WORKS. PERIOD. END OF. G.SKILLs own lighting control software doesn't even affect the RGB of the DIMMs - I am led to believe the software is somehow completely unable to address the RGB on the sticks. Considering how terrible ASUSs software has been thus far, I'm almost 100% confident this is a software problem. It's almost 2020, ASUS, PLEASE assist!

ROG Member Array

Ok, here's how I fixed mine without having to reinstall Windows 10 (again). First download and install Revo Uninstaller Pro Trial Version.
    Then download the Gskill Lighting App. *DON'T INSTALL GSKILL APP YET!* Next Open Revo Uninstaller and do a Forced Uninstall and in the exact program name type ENE and remove the ENE RGB HAL from there. Reboot PC. Next Install the GSkill Lighting control and reboot. Now check and see if Gskill Memory shows up in Asus Aura software. If not then run Revo Uninstaller again and uninstall the Gskill Lighting app. *IMPORTANT* When unisntalling Gskill LIghting app you will see an installation box pop up for the ENE RGB HAL. If it says Install then install and reboot BUT if it says Uninstall then DON'T uninstall. The reason behind this process is to install the ENE RGB HAL from Gskill and replace the broken version that comes installed with Asus Aura. Once you remove ENE RGB HAL and replace it with Gskill ENE RGB HAL (which has the exact same name but is a different version) then you will be able to control the lighting for your RAM whereas prior to doing this my memory didn't show up in ASUS AURA as one of the devices that can be controlled. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus Aura Pic.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	83651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200101_190242.jpg 
Size:	471.3 KB 
ID:	83652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Revo Screenshot.PNG 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	83653
    Last edited by TR1PW1R3; 01-02-2020 at 01:11 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by TR1PW1R3 View Post
    Ok, here's how I fixed mine without having to reinstall Windows 10 (again). First download and install Revo Uninstaller Pro Trial Version.
    Then download the Gskill Lighting App. *DON'T INSTALL GSKILL APP YET!* Next Open Revo Uninstaller and do a Forced Uninstall and in the exact program name type ENE and remove the ENE RGB HAL from there. Reboot PC. Next Install the GSkill Lighting control and reboot. Now check and see if Gskill Memory shows up in Asus Aura software. If not then run Revo Uninstaller again and uninstall the Gskill Lighting app. *IMPORTANT* When unisntalling Gskill LIghting app you will see an installation box pop up for the ENE RGB HAL. If it says Install then install and reboot BUT if it says Uninstall then DON'T uninstall. The reason behind this process is to install the ENE RGB HAL from Gskill and replace the broken version that comes installed with Asus Aura. Once you remove ENE RGB HAL and replace it with Gskill ENE RGB HAL (which has the exact same name but is a different version) then you will be able to control the lighting for your RAM whereas prior to doing this my memory didn't show up in ASUS AURA as one of the devices that can be controlled. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus Aura Pic.PNG 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	83651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200101_190242.jpg 
Size:	471.3 KB 
ID:	83652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Revo Screenshot.PNG 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	83653
    Good catch on the ENE RGB HAL. I opened up G.SKILL's installer, and it probably detected that it was installed, or I had a previous unclean uninstall, so it prompted to uninstall ENE RGB HAL then G.SKILL's control software. Then I reinstalled G.SKILL's control software (with ENE RGB HAL) and restarted, and Armoury Crate indeed detected the memory's RGB lighting. Then I just removed TridentZ lighting control from control panel (clicking close when prompted to uninstall ENE RGB HAL and the control software uninstalls itself without touching the RGB HAL thing).

Reserved Revo Uninstaller for AISuite 3, lol. That thing sticks like a virus. Tracked installation for AI Suite and hope I don't have to resort to that in the future. The installer just tries to call AsIO2.sys whenever there is a trace of AISuite left, while that sys file is either missing or damaged. Had to search with multiple program names (ASUS, AISuite) in Revo Uninstaller to fully clean up the mess and get it to install correctly again. Raja@ASUS's AI3Cleaner.exe doesn't wipe up any of the mess at all.

New ROGer Array

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by DustinW View Post
    I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

Here are my specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 64GB
    GPU: Asus ROG Strix 8GB OC RTX 2070
    Storage: Intel SSD 750, Samsung NVMe 970 EVO, Intel Optane 32GB
    Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
    PSU: Corsair HX850i

No overclocking. XMP Enabled. SPD Write Enabled.
    same exactly for me!!!do something at last!!!!!!!

New ROGer Array

Removing Valorant and Vanguard is what finally fixed it for me

Vanguard is blocking the software.
    Last edited by RadioactiveMicrobe; 05-06-2020 at 08:38 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Randomly every other device works other than the RAM which worked as of 24 hours ago. I shut my computer down and now only the ram will not sync up. WTF. I do have Valorant and Vanguard installed though which I know has been causing issues.

New ROGer Array boanjangnararmine PC Specs
    boanjangnararmine PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)Trident Z Neo 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200 (F4-3200C14Q-32GTZN)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Advanced
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVME SSD
    Storage #2Toshiba x300 8TB HDD
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RYUJIN 360
    CaseASUS ROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyASUS ROG Thor 850W
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Brown)
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin
    Headset ASUS ROG Delta
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteus
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG Aura Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveMicrobe View Post
    Removing Valorant and Vanguard is what finally fixed it for me

Vanguard is blocking the software.
    HOLY CRAP THIS WORKED FOR ME! I spent hours installing/reinstalling Aura/Armoury Crate and researching fixes.. then I saw your post and said what the hell I don't like the game anyway. Uninstalled Valorant/Vanguard, restarted PC, started Aura and voila the DRAM showed up in the device list (initially unsynced/broken chain). How did you find out it was Vanguard blocking it? Seriously wtf???

ROG Enthusiast Array SilenMar PC Specs
    SilenMar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    ProcessorIntel - Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair - Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3000
    Graphics Card #1EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    MonitorBenQ - XL2546 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz, Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 120GB
    Storage #2Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM x3
    CPU CoolerCorsair - H110
    CaseCorsair - Air 540 Silver ATX Mid Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA - SuperNOVA T2 1600W 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair - K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Logitech - G703 (Black) Wireless Optical
    Headset Kingston - HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Accessory #1 Noctua - NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Noctua - NF-A14 x2
    Accessory #3 Noctua - NF-P14s redux x4

LoL, piece of **** not working again!
    components in PCPartPicker
    Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
    EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
    Asus Maximus X Hero
    Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
    Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SilenMar View Post
    LoL, piece of **** not working again!
    Same here, latest update of Armory Crate borked the RAM and it's not visible from aura sync now. I've tried doing a complete uninstall and following the instructions listed here, along with all the other suggestions and haven't been successful yet.

My RAM, AIO, Motherboard, GPU and Monitor were all discoverable and working, prior the update.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast