cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArmoryCrate UPDATE aio is back in control 10/14/2019

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Rogers.

Today a update has being push to the ARMORY CRATE users.

Please. make the the update as it appear and take notes as follows IF you have some issues

Notes.
1. DO NOT USE any type of windows registry programs. (sorry: I do not care, Just do not use it)
2. There are 2 update. and boot it appears that is not working. IF on restart appears again MAKE again the update. (should be 2 )
3. In the case the 3 reboot and some missing modules like the aio. follow my fix below. (we are working to make a runtime inside the app with my fix since is working 99% of the times and has being test)
4. I repeat again. DO NOT USE any type of registry cleaning programs with Armory Crate. These is NOT a app to control lights. Is a app to reprogram a ROM base application to the AURA chip on our board. it is call the AURA CHIP.
5. Most issues are related on legacy boot. Make sure that UEFI is all the way. (CSM disable and UEFI BOOT ONLY)
6. these is test made using 100% asus products. I have NO idea if these work on a stand alone app like using another brand of products like motherboard gpus etc hybrid use i have to take notes. Please i want to hear these from all)

I am using 100% OEM drivers from my CODE XI. I will test these on the Formula XI and HERO XI since i have my own testing team with 100% identical machines. For the moment no x570 so i have to digg my own group on Facebook to check on those feedback. the app is available as a stand alone with the aio and some new devices. I think the ROG ARMORY will eventually support legacy products only. and i suspect these is the route to be follow. I do not work with ASUS or get paid. I am just a user that all that offer my free time to check debug and test the app since the ArmoryCrate start last year.

I will take ONLY z390 (ROG TUFF) and I will create a post ONLY for these. Please be gentile and direct since I am reporting to specific people that want these work. x570 make sure last bios is in, CSM DISALBE and full UEFI is in. These is importat. On AMD everyone as to be there anyways. Unless you are using LINUX that requiere legacy. for that I am sorry no idea if these can work. but so far is UEFI all the way.

Also and just in case. These are the list of working (10/14/2019) peripherals compatible. For the moment until i can get some cash i can not test the monitor functions. But some DO appear since my best friend has one. Eventually i will get more gear to test.

Some new modules will be added to the audio department and some fan control but we need to be patience.

For the users that starting to use the Armory Crate. In order to these to work. you have to uninstall (DO NOT use cleanners) the aura app before using the crate.

1. open c
2. open program files (x86)
3. open lighting service
4. delete file name LastProfile.XML
5. empty recycle bin
6.Open Services (windows logo type services
7. Find LightingService and restart that service, and restart the computer. IF the service is stop start the service and right away restart and restart the computer.

List of compatible peripheral. NOTE the Spatha will NOT make the list. The Clarymore is still on works, I will ask later but i think will not make the list. Here is the list

Keyboard
ROG STRIX Flare / ROG STRIX Scope / ROG STROX Flare COD / ROG STRIX Flare PNK

Mouse:
ROG Gladius II Origin / ROG Gladius II / ROG STRIX Impact / ROG Gladius II Origin COD / ROG Gladius II Origin PNK

Mouse Pad:
ROG Balteus Qi (ONLY for the moment)

There is still a lot to be done.
1. Armory crate at boot there is some idle. YES not much. 10% you will see a some power on red. On idle is 2.3% and use 12.6mb of memory and around 1% of gpu.
2. Some functionally is still buggy and does not affect
3. on keyboard and mouse that are link to aura, will NOT be accessible until aura is sync. that is why on keyboards compatible there is a module for MACROS. and on the aio the light tap is void until the aura is link. the rest will work independent of the aura is sync or not.
4. I have to test the mouse. I have 1 in coming from the list, So i can test the module.

Aside these thanks. asorry for my English.
Learn, Play Enjoy!
150 REPLIES 150

aragonnshow
Level 7
the update works now

aragonnshow wrote:
the update works now

glad to know. I will keep the post alive.

the idea to take notes and check functionality. I will ask admins to make these on top so we can take notes.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Grischkow
Level 8
MrAgapiGC wrote:
Rogers.

List of compatible peripheral. NOTE the Spatha will NOT make the list. The Clarymore is still on works, I will ask later but i think will not make the list. Here is the list

Keyboard
ROG STRIX Flare / ROG STRIX Scope / ROG STROX Flare COD / ROG STRIX Flare PNK

Mouse:
ROG Gladius II Origin / ROG Gladius II / ROG STRIX Impact / ROG Gladius II Origin COD / ROG Gladius II Origin PNK

Mouse Pad:
ROG Balteus Qi (ONLY for the moment)

Aside these thanks. asorry for my English.

Thanks for you help. I will test it today. What will I do with my claymore if it is not supported by Crate?

Grischkow wrote:
Thanks for you help. I will test it today. What will I do with my claymore if it is not supported by Crate?

I have to check but as far will not make the list.

the use of RogArmory is needed on those cases. I have the spatha and works fine with RogArmory, even some functions are back on last update.

I order a new mouse, a gladius 2 origin, so I can continue the testing.

As soon the new model is available, the one presented on the 30th anniversary, I will try to get one. I think that is the replacement of the spatha. i forgot the name
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Ok, als o when u looked on my PC specs i have to use Armoury Crate AND "old" Armoury II? Nothing else? Then i should be ok?

Mouse, i think, u mean ROG Chakram?

Grischkow wrote:
Ok, als o when u looked on my PC specs i have to use Armoury Crate AND "old" Armoury II? Nothing else? Then i should be ok?

Mouse, i think, u mean ROG Chakram?

For the moment. the use RogArmory Or ArmoryII is safe to use with ArmoryCrate. Be sure to have the crate first and then manually install last version. I check most of the time sume bugs. But the program did isolate my spatha from it. and light control was posible on the ArmoryII of the mouse. The Claymore should be the same.

Also Inside the the files in Armory II or RogArmory there is a update update utility that when i run that there, all issues, at least for me, fix the click and charging issues or disconnection.

eventually the ArmoryCrate will take control for all apps that asus do on z390 (rog and tuff. the prime I have to check and also other models that has armory crate in the bios since is the link for control) And some functionality as a stand alone products. most are all ready being update on Help desk. today I will check the use of the a Ryujin on a Aorus board both intel and amd and see wow those do.

Thanks for the name. I have never remember that name. odd one.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

zoli_10
Level 7
Hello.

I can finally control the fans for my Ryujin 360. Yey 😉

However i can only control the Embedded fan and the Radiator fans, not the pump itself.
Is this one of the "Bugs" you are referring too?

zoli_10 wrote:
Hello.

I can finally control the fans for my Ryujin 360. Yey 😉

However i can only control the Embedded fan and the Radiator fans, not the pump itself.
Is this one of the "Bugs" you are referring too?

I believe you can’t control the pump because it isn’t a pwm pump*

Hopper64
Level 15
When will the plain balteus mouse pad be added?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro