cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound/game/windows Stuttering HIGH DPC LATENCY

Exalanoto
Level 7
I am having some issues with sound stutters, game stutters, and video stutters. It all happends randomly and sometimes just 1 - 2 times pr day, and the next day it happends 10 times.

I have tried Latency mon, wich gives me ACPI.SYS - ACPI Driver for NT, that goes all the way up to red. Nvidia pops up aswell, but not nearly as high as ACPI driver.

i reinstalled all my drivers, i even tried going back a few versions. Also i did a bios update, wich did not seem to work eighter.

Does anyone have any suggestions to this problem? Or do i realy just have to try and reinstall my windows (wich i dont want to do ofc )

Also, i did not have this issue before. It happened a few months ago, and i think one of the windows updates is the reason for this.
15 REPLIES 15

RedSector73
Level 12
try this to clean up windows, rather than fresh install.

run as admin [powershell] (type into search bar, when you see it pop up, right click on it and run as admin)

sfc /scannnow

wait till complete
now run (still in powershell)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wait till complete

if either found and fix integrity errors or corruptions, reboot and then repeat both steps again. If you get caught in loop than can try reset and lastly fresh install of windows.

RedSector73 wrote:
try this to clean up windows, rather than fresh install.

run as admin [powershell] (type into search bar, when you see it pop up, right click on it and run as admin)

sfc /scannnow

wait till complete
now run (still in powershell)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wait till complete

if either found and fix integrity errors or corruptions, reboot and then repeat both steps again. If you get caught in loop than can try reset and lastly fresh install of windows.

I completed both, no errors found. If it somehow worked, i guess it will show in the next few days. Also i deleted that intel rapid storage tech crap, and managed to get the delay down on the acpi driver. Still had some random stutters, but not nearly as often as before. Still its not 100% fixed by doing that.

Re
Level 10
Windows Version? Nvidia driver Version?

Re@per wrote:
Windows Version? Nvidia driver Version?

1903 and 436.48 from nvidia. but this was also the case in the previous 2 or 3 nvidia updates, and i also tried uninst trough DDU on the gpu driver.

Exalanoto wrote:
1903 and 436.48 from nvidia. but this was also the case in the previous 2 or 3 nvidia updates, and i also tried uninst trough DDU on the gpu driver.

are you using a riser cable?plz install latencymon and post it

My first post was aimed at eliminate Windows OS Software.
Sounds good so far, next thing I would try is DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ of your graphics drivers in safemode and install of the latest nvidia driver.

and lastly I would try
Snappy Driver Installer (lite version) https://sdi-tool.org/download/ this is best at getting latest or most optimal drivers for your system.

This one is aimed at eliminating the drivers.

RedSector73 wrote:
My first post was aimed at eliminate Windows OS Software.
Sounds good so far, next thing I would try is DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ of your graphics drivers in safemode and install of the latest nvidia driver.

and lastly I would try
Snappy Driver Installer (lite version) https://sdi-tool.org/download/ this is best at getting latest or most optimal drivers for your system.

This one is aimed at eliminating the drivers.

Using DDU in safemode already tried, with 4 different Nvidia versions.

Exalanoto wrote:
Using DDU in safemode already tried, with 4 different Nvidia versions.

In safemode is important, sorry if I missed your use of this tool. Stick to latest unless there is clear 'documented' evidence of an issue or there is proven optimal driver for your system.

Try snappy see if knows better drivers to use.

Once you eliminate windows os, drivers and bios only leaves hardware to look at. Process of elimination is only way I know. (and fresh install of windows would be high on my list, even if I am left suspecting hardware.)

Re@per wrote:
are you using a riser cable?plz install latencymon and post it

No i am not, I will run Latencymon for a while and see where it turns out .