cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula Boot Loop when Starting

Davis0776
Level 7
Hey Everyone!

So most of these parts (Mother Board, CPU, Power Supply, Graphics Card, Ram) was already installed on my Brothers PC. So he decided to upgrade his PC and gave me these parts. I got the rest of the Parts that was required for the PC to work (SSD or Hard Drive, CPU Cooler, and Case). After I got the computer put together, it keeps giving me this Boot Loop when I ever start the Computer up. I talked to my brother about it and he said It turns on, turns off for a couple seconds, and turns it on and it stays on...But... For some reason, When I turn it on. It just turns on and turns off repeatedly without the whole system booting up. The last digit before the computer turns of was 36. I don't know if that could be a code or something?
I tried taking all the power cables out, SATA Cables, etc. and put it back in. Still, nothing work. So I thought what happens if I press the Clr CMOS button for a couple seconds then turn it on. Well, It turned on, Turned Off, and Turned on and stayed On. I was surprised that worked. But here's the catch, when I ever do that It resets the whole motherboard and It won't boot automatically into Windows on the SSD. I though the CMOS battery was dead so I took it out of the Motherboard and replaced it for a new one. I thought that will fix it but unfortunately, it did not solve the problem. I've been sitting here at the desk for a couple days now and I still can't figure whats going on. I looked online, asked one of my friends who helped me build the computer. He couldn't find whats going on.

Hopefully we can find what's causing this boot loop and I don't have to keep pressing the CMOS button.

Thank You!!

Specs Of the PC:
- Maximus V Formula/Assassins C3 LGA Motherboard -
- Be Quiet! Pure Base Window -
- Be Quiet! BK009 Pure Rock CPU Cooler
- SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 1TB -
- WDC WD1600AAJS-00L7A0 -
- ST500LM021-1KJ152 -
- Corsair CX500M Power Supply 500W -
- Intel Core I5-3570k Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4Ghx -
- Corsair Vegeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRam X2 (16GB Ram)
- GTX 970 Strix edition GPU -
1 REPLY 1

RedSector73
Level 12
dumb out 2x4 Ram sticks and see if you can get clean boot. leaving 2x8 (and make sure they are in correct slots mentioned in the manual for channel A)