cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Service not found after windows upgrade

1mluer
Level 11
hey guys,

At the end of the rope on this one. I have 1.07.71 loaded.. it won't find aura service and I have uninstalled and reinstalled cleanly using revo and ccleaner. Seems to install just no aura service any longer. Also Armory Crate doesn't see any devices but finally loads the profiles such as Ryujin 360. There is no aura for it to use. Just the opposite of a month ago's issues where things like AIO wouldn't load.

Any thoughts I heard .71 version of Aura is busted now with last windows update ? I used 1.06.17 but it doesn't find any of my new products to support.

there are a 1000 posts with all kinds of issues.. I had to bubble this to new post because searching around was a bust.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!
3 REPLIES 3

BigJohnny
Level 13
Not surprised. ASUS makes some great hardware but the two guys they have locked in a dungeon doing all the software and BIOS updates need an espresso machine. I gave up on AURA long ago. While the nice pretty R6E has some very nice effects and colors I just set everything to static red and then uninstalled AURA and use Corsair instead for everything but Mobo which is most of it anyhow.

1mluer
Level 11
I had to reload windows after talking to support. I then only loaded armory crate and no aura.. when it's fresh armory crate loads its own lighting system. It's not great but it does work. I still have the same issues with the lighting system where on cold boot it won't work on it's own. Normally I restart the Lighing Service in the services panel and it will kick in. Only one problem, the Lighting Service that was loaded by Armory Crate will not shut down to restart. So I reboot my maching and after the first cold boot, the lighting service starts on it's own and I can use Armory Crate.

After the 2nd boot from the cold startup it works fine. I am going to leave it alone for now hoping it will be fixed in newer versions of Armory Crate. 1.07.71 literally stopped and I could not even reload it to get it working.

A whole reload of windows 10 pro was the only thing I could do and start fresh.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
I had to reload windows after talking to support. I then only loaded armory crate and no aura.. when it's fresh armory crate loads its own lighting system. It's not great but it does work. I still have the same issues with the lighting system where on cold boot it won't work on it's own. Normally I restart the Lighing Service in the services panel and it will kick in. Only one problem, the Lighting Service that was loaded by Armory Crate will not shut down to restart. So I reboot my maching and after the first cold boot, the lighting service starts on it's own and I can use Armory Crate.

After the 2nd boot from the cold startup it works fine. I am going to leave it alone for now hoping it will be fixed in newer versions of Armory Crate. 1.07.71 literally stopped and I could not even reload it to get it working.

A whole reload of windows 10 pro was the only thing I could do and start fresh.

fixed with fresh install of windows. blah
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!