cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703 really hates using t and h at same time.

ConnieGG1
Level 7
Hello. I had purchased a GL703 last april to replace my GL753 which sadly bricked itself. However, today, it has decided to shut down when the T and H keys are pressed at the same time, often out of nowhere. This, of course, is very upsetting, as i need my laptop for school work. Is there any known solution short of sending it off for god-knows-how-long?
5 REPLIES 5

chumacher
Level 7
ConnieGG1 wrote:
Hello. I had purchased a GL703 last april to replace my GL753 which sadly bricked itself. However, today, it has decided to shut down when the T and H keys are pressed at the same time, often out of nowhere. This, of course, is very upsetting, as i need my laptop for school work. Is there any known solution short of sending it off for god-knows-how-long?

just open the laptop, take off motherboard and you will see that they have forgot to put some kinda shield there that prevents short circuiting..
I myself put some electrical tape there to places where the laptop's keyboard would touch the motherboard..

ConnieGG1
Level 7
LOL, that's hilarious. 2nd Asus i've had with QC issues. "Get an asus", my stepdad said. "They're good computers."

FML, this thing was 1100.

ConnieGG1 wrote:
LOL, that's hilarious. 2nd Asus i've had with QC issues. "Get an asus", my stepdad said. "They're good computers."

FML, this thing was 1100.

Are you going to change through RMA process or are you going to fix the machine 😄

Sorry but did you had keyboard light on or off cause mine does that also. Im Thinking to switch the padding around the keyboard.

Pepsi9521 wrote:
Sorry but did you had keyboard light on or off cause mine does that also. Im Thinking to switch the padding around the keyboard.

Keyboard LED problems are almost always fault of asus software called AURA that is responsible for those kinda things. Just open the machine and see the area where the laptops keyboard is making contact with motherboard and add some tape for shielding, easy for expert, but if you are novice please take your time, there is no hurry 🙂