Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GR8 II problem!

castortrovador
Level 7
Hi there!

I have a ROG GR8 II desktop and someone put a boot password in the bios! 😞
How can I clear the bios? I dont find any jumper and removing the batterie dont work!

Best regards,
NSilvaCoelho
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Many devices have the password stored in a non-volatile area of the BIOS so you can't clear it. You should ask the person who sold it to you what the password is.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Many devices have the password stored in a non-volatile area of the BIOS so you can't clear it. You should ask the person who sold it to you what the password is.

No one sold me.

The PC was on display and someone set the password without anyone noticing! 😞
Is it possible for a bios update to start before the boot password?

xeromist
I don't know if the GR machines support BIOS flashback but that method does allow you to update the BIOS without actually accessing the menus. Check the manual to see if this is an option.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I don't know if the GR machines support BIOS flashback but that method does allow you to update the BIOS without actually accessing the menus. Check the manual to see if this is an option.

I don't think so. I can't find the board manual or the model anywhere! It's crazy!

xeromist
In the past there have been ASUS custom machines that almost resembled at desktop/laptop hybrid motherboard inside. I'm not sure if they support many of the standard features that retail boards do. Perhaps another owner may be able to tell you more. Unfortunately I don't have one of your machines so I'm just guessing in the dark.