cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign object in panel

Psycrow
Level 11
This is my 5 th monitor i got from RMA " Let me repair department"

I cant recommend anyone to buy monitors from asus because this is what you get.. !

I am so sick and tired of Asus..!
Its not even funny anymore

6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
Looks organic...as if something crawled in there and died. I have nothing helpful to add, just that your monitor appears to be a burial chamber. 😛
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

UltraNEO_
Level 11
I have similar issues with two of the three ROG Swift PG279Q displays I purchased.

Instead of moaning about it and going through exchange/RMA channels. I decided to matters into my own hands and disassemble them into their component parts to investigate the issues then see can they be resolved by myself. I used a suitable philips head screwdriver (for a screw) then a thin metal spudger to unclip the back casing from the thin metal bezel which... Took a little practice ( I was super careful not to scratch the frame) and worked my way around. Was easier than I initially expected.

Turns out, the dust particles were sandwich between the IPS panel itself and the backlight... Be very careful, wear dust free latex gloves if I were you as any amount of oily fingerprints on any transparent surfaces can cause areas of the screen to become less sharp. I also took this opportunity to sort out the uneven light leaks around the display... This isn't actually due to a faulty display, IMO but how much force is applied to the panel mounts, when the panel is assembled.

Unlike everyone else, I chose to leave the display powered, this way I can see what effect my tinkering would have on the IPS. For cleaning I used a bulb air blower not a can of air, mainly because occasionally cans of air can spray liquids and I didn't want to touch those surfaces if possible.

Images are from here..https://twitter.com/MsNikitaTV/status/1096416140685914113
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

xeromist
Good job NEO! If I had one I'd probably do the same. Good idea to use the squeeze bulb. I don't think I would have thought of that.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Good job NEO! If I had one I'd probably do the same. Good idea to use the squeeze bulb. I don't think I would have thought of that.

Compress air is nice for something but for sensitive electronics and LCD panels, I don't think it's very suited since occasionally liquids spray out. I'm not sure what those liquids are but they could potentially cause more damage. A squeezy air bulb just seems more suitable, certainly less likely to cause damage.

Anyway.. Whichever way people choose to disassemble their display, one MUST be extremely careful when handling since there are many fragile and sensitive parts around the display. No-one wants to damage any of them flat flex, could end up with a dead or faulty panel. Then you'll be angry with oneself.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
nice work
Learn, Play Enjoy!

vBDKv
Level 8
Acer makes better monitors compared to Asus, and Acer is low quality.