cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GM only ~8 months old very suddenly running extremely slowly

Verityle
Level 7
Recently I booted up my laptop and some windows popup said how it had to uninstall some update to boot up. This was where my extremely fast laptop turned to garbage. Now regular browsing sometimes gets laggy and I also struggle to get 30 fps in literally any game, and im out of ideas. I have tried: Reinstalling Windows, Changing numerous power settings, Changed many Nvidia graphics settings, Uninstalled some windows updates (before reinstalling windows), Reset my BIOS settings to default, Reinstalling the slowly running programs, and I tried installing older Nvidia drivers. I have also tried moving the games from my HDD to my SSD, but that had no effect.

Before whatever happened, I never had any problems getting over 120 fps on Fortnite at max settings, as well as got over 120 fps on Battlefield 4 on max settings with a high render scale. Also it does not appear there is any issue interally on the laptop. Now I am struggling to get 30 frames in Fortnite and only get 10 fps in BF4 with the same settings.
8 REPLIES 8

crispi420
Level 9
hi man when u said reinstalled windows, u did a clean ssd format?
once i had my laptop running slow with high temperatures and cpu/gpu usage, then i saw a crypto mining program runing in backgroud. try to scan ur computer with malwarebytes and see if theres those kind of app runnig...
good luck

crispi420 wrote:
hi man when u said reinstalled windows, u did a clean ssd format?
once i had my laptop running slow with high temperatures and cpu/gpu usage, then i saw a crypto mining program runing in backgroud. try to scan ur computer with malwarebytes and see if theres those kind of app runnig...
good luck

I am willing to try a full 100% clean windows reinstall, but im going to hold out on it as waiting and trying my other options first would be more convenient. I have done just about all the malware/virus related scanning I could, so I believe thats not the issue.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
You're probably running on the iGPU.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
You're probably running on the iGPU.

Anyway to specifically know? Everything related to Nvidia is running properly, so I believe the GPU is working.

go to nvidia control panel and select High-Performance Nvidia Processor

GeoBRB
Level 10
No issue in my GL703GM. My motherboard has been changed after 3 months because my laptops has been dead in 3 months. Now is very silent.
Fast boot with Samsung 970 PRO M2 Nvme and 32 GB RAM HyperX 2666 MHz CL15 😉

gl703gm is not utilizing integrated gpu. It is using only gtx 1060. this is basic knowledge. please dont advise in something that you don't know anything about.

I would check out your OS is good by this:-

POWERSHELL:-

run as admin [powershell] (type into search bar, when you see it pop up, right click on it and run as admin)

sfc /scannnow

wait till complete
now run (still in powershell)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wait till complete

if either found and fix integrity errors or corruptions, reboot and then repeat both steps again. Should this become a loop then reset of windows or fresh install are the only options.

Next, I would try

snappy driver installer, download the light vesrion
https://sdi-tool.org/download/

This program is best at getting optimal drivers for your system.

Video - how to use the program

This will help eliminate software/drivers as the issue.

Lastly, I would try DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ This is used to completely uninstall you nvidia driver and best done in windows safemode. I would then reinstall the latest or your choice and use custom and click clean install checkbox.

This is bit of process but the steps I would take

Hope you find this of help.