cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551JW HDMI Audio Not plugged in.

Werehowl
Level 7
I'm losing my mind, I've been troubleshooting this issue for hours now and found nothing of value.
I've connected my laptop to my TV to watch movies but the sound is only coming through my laptop rather than the TV.
I've updated my geforce drivers, I've used the intel driver support, I've looked through nvidia control panel, I've updated my audio drivers, and I've done every windows update I can.
3 REPLIES 3

jdfrench3
Level 12
1. What kind of TV is being used?

2. What HDMI port is being connected on the TV? Does this ports' audio work with another device (DVD, Apple TV, ROKU, etc.)?

3. What Sound Output Device (Settings, System, Sound,) are you using on your laptop?

4. Is the audio on your laptop working properly?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Werehowl
Level 7
The TV being used is an LG 55SK8000PLB, though the same problem occured at my parent's place with their TV. (I don't know what model they have.
Yeah the same HDMI port works completely fine with game consoles such as a Nintendo Switch, and a Playstation 4.
The laptops sound output is using Realtek High Definition Audio.
From what I can tell there's no issues with the audio coming from the laptop itself.

Here's an attachment of my audio outputs.

jdfrench3
Level 12
Post Settings, System, Sound please.

I connected my SONY XBR65A1E TV via HDMI 2, through a HDMI Switch (port 5) to the laptop HDMI port.

I have four Sound Devices to choose.

Which Sound Device are you using when connecting your HDMI cable?

Example:
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server