cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Flashback not working

TechyInAZ
Level 7
Not sure what's going on, but BIOS flashback on my Crosshair VI Hero is completely borked. It won't install any BIOS i throw at it. I've tried several, renamed it to C6H.CAP and nothing, get 3 flashes and then a steady on screen for the BIOS button every single time.

Anybody having similar issues?
10 REPLIES 10

BigJohnny
Level 13
Hold the button in until you see it start flashing fast.

Rename to just "C6H" with out quotes.

You maybe renaming to "C6H.CAP.CAP" . Your File Name Extensions might be hidden.

pndiode wrote:
Rename to just "C6H" with out quotes.

You maybe renaming to "C6H.CAP.CAP" . Your File Name Extensions might be hidden.

i have file name extensions on, and it's C6H.CAP 🙂

I was googling this problem, and it seems GPT partitions are the issue, BIOS flashback can only work on MBR right?

TechyInAZ wrote:
I was googling this problem, and it seems GPT partitions are the issue, BIOS flashback can only work on MBR right?

correct

TechyInAZ wrote:

I use a USB stick formatted fat 32 with nothing else on it and found 8GB or less sticks more reliable for this purpose. Just make sure its inserted into the correct port.

BigJohnny wrote:
Hold the button in until you see it start flashing fast.

Yup that's how I always do it. it stops flashing fast like 3 times then it goes solid.

haploe
Level 7
I have to ask. Is your MB a Crosshair VI Hero or a Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI) ? If it is the WI-FI, you need to name the Bios file, C6HWIFI.CAP