cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antec 1200 internal liquid cooling help

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
Ok so as most people should know, the new Kepler GPU's are going to be out in the not to distant future and i am planning on getting the GTX670 (when it comes out), however my past experience with Nvidia's graphics cards are not to quiet and im intending to liquid cool it to help with both its performance and lower the noise issue.

i have an antec 1200 case so there is more then enough room to mount a cooler internal and i intend to use a 200mm rad for the top fan, However i cant seem to find anywhere to get a fan and radiator to fit the spot. i am currently using the back fans for my CPU cooler (corsiar h100) so that space has been taken up.

can any1 help me find where to get a radiator and a new 200mm to replace the old 1 in the case.
i have been looking for days and i would like to get all the parts i need (apart form the gpu block) before the Kepler graphics cards come out.

would be a massive help and would also be nice to have some images of people with a 200mm rad in a antec 1200.

Please and thankyou
Catie F
Pixxie P
Due to the speed of its orbit and rotation, mercury's days last longer than its years.
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
Hi Catie,

Take a look at this thread on OCN to see if it gives you any inspiration:
http://www.overclock.net/t/564674/antec-1200-radiator-mount

If you wanted to do a single big rad on top I might think about something in the 180mm range. You should measure but if your Antec case is like my Antec P180, the custom fan they use isn't exactly the same dimensions. The case is actually a little narrower.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
i think i will email my friends at antec and ask if it is possible to do it.
i dont like the idea of doing a front radiator and the only fans i feel will be useable is the top and side fan, but i think it will be better for the side fan to be used as a outtake fan to keep the system cooler
Due to the speed of its orbit and rotation, mercury's days last longer than its years.

Granger
Level 10
The problem with doing that is the bigger fans have next to no static presure and they are not able to force the air through the rads (brilliant for moving lots of air, but not good for rads)

But it would be possible to fit a 2.120 rad at the top of the antec 1200

I had the same idea for my HAF 932, and on 4 or 5 different forums people explained to me the problems with the big fans.

Granger
Level 10
The problem with doing that is the bigger fans have next to no static presure and they are not able to force the air through the rads (brilliant for moving lots of air, but not good for rads)

But it would be possible to fit a 2.120 rad at the top of the antec 1200

I had the same idea for my HAF 932, and on 4 or 5 different forums people explained to me the problems with the big fans.

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
i could get 2 3x80mm rads and see how it goes lol, but i ges a 2x120mm fan mount for it will be better if i can find out how to mount it on the top fan

Pixxie payne wrote:
i could get 2 3x80mm rads and see how it goes lol, but i ges a 2x120mm fan mount for it will be better if i can find out how to mount it on the top fan

Unfortunately a lot of images are blocked here at the office so I don't know, but I thought there were pictures of a 2x120 in the top of a 1200 in that OCN thread?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…