cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G531gt Intel Wireless AC 9560 (Code 10) Problem

ROGueOne
Level 7
My few months old Asus Rog Strix G531gt running Windows 10 is having wifi issues as in the wireless is not working properly, so I have no wifi. It was working completely fine, and then one day the wifi just stopped working 😞

I've already tried just about everything on the internet to fix it besides taking it to a service center, or resetting Windows.

Any help to avoid the service center or resetting Windows is appreciated.

What I've tried:

1) Updated bios to newest
2) Reset bios defaults and saved
3) Updated drivers
4) Tried older drivers
5) Reset Windows network (this got it working for a few days once)
6) Uninstalled/Reinstalled adapter
7) Disabled/Enabled adapter (this has got it working again 2 times for a few days)
23 REPLIES 23

jdfrench3
Level 12
Sounds like a bad WiFi card.

Get a RMA and return the laptop to ASUS for repair/replacement.

You could replace the card ($20-30) yourself, easy enough but it would void your warranty.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Sounds like a bad WiFi card.

Get a RMA and return the laptop to ASUS for repair/replacement.

You could replace the card ($20-30) yourself, easy enough but it would void your warranty.

Probably the most sensible play, thanks for the response.

G531GT - My machine facing the same issue after latest BIOS update to V.305

Wireless driver showing Code.10

Dont know what to do?

#ROGueOne, did you resolve the issue? any luck??

I want to update this thread with the latest.

So, I completely backed up my computer, re-installed Windows, wiped the drive and the wireless issue was still a problem. I took it to the service center, the rep told me he's seen this many times, 50/50 the wireless card vs. software issue. He ended up putting on what he called a different version of Windows (in different, I mean that it wasn't what came installed by Asus on the computer originally). He said it was a software conflict issue causing the problem.

After getting it back from the service center (I brought after posting btw) it's been working fine until a few days ago, when the wireless started working on & off intermittently, and as of today has completely stopped working again.

I didn't buy a new computer to be having these types of issues from 1980. I've never had issues like this with any other laptop I've ever owned, and it's been many.

Anyway, I guess I'll be re-installing windows again, and wiping the drive so I can bring it back to the service center again.

Wish I would have gone with Acer Predator Helios 300 at this point.

ASUS_ROG_Venky wrote:
G531GT - My machine facing the same issue after latest BIOS update to V.305

Wireless driver showing Code.10

Dont know what to do?

#ROGueOne, did you resolve the issue? any luck??

Sorry for the delayed response. I've updated the thread.

How about you, any solutions?

Return to service center and ask that the WiFi adapter be replaced or ask for a complete laptop replacement.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Return to service center and ask that the WiFi adapter be replaced or ask for a complete laptop replacement.

Good Luck

Good advice, thanks.

Asus website has the Intel 21.30.3.2 as the driver for the the wireless adapter.

However, Intel has driver 21.50.1.1 released on 31-Oct-2019 as the latest driver for the AX201/AX200/9560/9260/9462/9461 (Only available in 64-bit version) adapters.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29122/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

I unistalled and deleted the old driver, restarted the machine, Windows 10 installed a driver, but it was an old one, it worked for a few hours, then failed. I then upgraded the driver to 21.30.3.2 and that didn't do anything (Windows 10 also claims that is the best available driver if you look for an update via Windows 10 & search the internet). I have now updated to 21.50.1.1 by downloading the driver and pointing the updater to the file, and currently the wireless is now working again.

Fingers crossed :p...hopefully this will resolve the issue, and this thread can help anyone else experiencing the same issue.

Back to working intermittently, so didn't solve the issue.

However, at the moment disable, and then enable again from device manager gets it going.

It's looking like it's going to end up back at the service center.