Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X11 Hero (Wi-Fi)
    Processori9 10900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 2080 Super
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard Dell AW510K
    Mouse Dell AW610M
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X53

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    112

    I came to this thread because some folks on a Dell forum are also having a problem with the Intel Wireless AC 9560. They are getting a code 10 on the device in the Device Manager and it seems to repeat the driver install but fails.

    The 9560 is a different version of a Wi-Fi adapter because it uses a different interface and not the normal PCIe interface. But I was wondering if the card version was not being read correctly by the installer or the system was not displaying the correct PnP info..

    Does your Device Manager show the correct version of the card? Does the Properties-Events tab show a driver is failing and then trying to install again?

    I can't check on my system because I have a Hero X (Wi-Fi) and it uses a Realtek Wi-Fi adapter..

  2. #12
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    To Saltgrass

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    I came to this thread because some folks on a Dell forum are also having a problem with the Intel Wireless AC 9560. They are getting a code 10 on the device in the Device Manager and it seems to repeat the driver install but fails.

    The 9560 is a different version of a Wi-Fi adapter because it uses a different interface and not the normal PCIe interface. But I was wondering if the card version was not being read correctly by the installer or the system was not displaying the correct PnP info..

    Does your Device Manager show the correct version of the card? Does the Properties-Events tab show a driver is failing and then trying to install again?

    I can't check on my system because I have a Hero X (Wi-Fi) and it uses a Realtek Wi-Fi adapter..
    Yes, my Device Manager lists the correct version of the card "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz". Under Device Manager - Properties - Events, the device is installing and configuring properly, it just fails to start sometimes and I get the code 10. I have not returned to the service center yet, but probably will in the future. I've been using the computer plugged into an Ethernet cable, and disabling the wifi card. Occasionally I enable the wifi card and it seems to be working, but I'm pretty sure if I was trying to use it full time it would be failing intermittently.

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X11 Hero (Wi-Fi)
    Processori9 10900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 2080 Super
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard Dell AW510K
    Mouse Dell AW610M
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X53

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by ROGueOne View Post
    Yes, my Device Manager lists the correct version of the card "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz". Under Device Manager - Properties - Events, the device is installing and configuring properly, it just fails to start sometimes and I get the code 10. I have not returned to the service center yet, but probably will in the future. I've been using the computer plugged into an Ethernet cable, and disabling the wifi card. Occasionally I enable the wifi card and it seems to be working, but I'm pretty sure if I was trying to use it full time it would be failing intermittently.
    I guess there is nothing I could do right now. I am looking at the next generation motherboard for the 10th generation processors and it seems to have the interface for the Intel 9560 and AX 201 cards. If it isn't solved by that time, maybe I will find something.. I have even asked folks to check the WLAN report but it doesn't seem to give information useful for solving the problem.

    Thanks for the response..

  4. #14
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,175

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    I guess there is nothing I could do right now. I am looking at the next generation motherboard for the 10th generation processors and it seems to have the interface for the Intel 9560 and AX 201 cards. If it isn't solved by that time, maybe I will find something.. I have even asked folks to check the WLAN report but it doesn't seem to give information useful for solving the problem.

    Thanks for the response..
    I think I might just change out the card myself? I did on my Dell Insprion 13 7386, Purchased one on Amazon haven't had any issues since!
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  5. #15
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    I guess there is nothing I could do right now. I am looking at the next generation motherboard for the 10th generation processors and it seems to have the interface for the Intel 9560 and AX 201 cards. If it isn't solved by that time, maybe I will find something.. I have even asked folks to check the WLAN report but it doesn't seem to give information useful for solving the problem.

    Thanks for the response..
    I installed this in my Asus G55, and it works great:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  6. #16
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Same problem with same laptop! Asus rog striz g531gt

    I started experience the same problem as you, one day (a few days ago)... without any update or whatelse... I tried everything as you but still didn't brought my laptop to service senter (since coronavirus stopped everything). Anyway, i'm starting to think it may be caused by Armory Crate since one day.. after the problem appeared, i had a problem with hotkeys on the laptop so I tried to uninstall Armory Crate and download it again (from app MYAsus). then... uninstalled the wifi driver and installed back the verision available on MyAsus (v20.5, but on intel i see that is available the 20.7 which i tried but without solution), then i restarted my laptop and the wifi was back..... after a few days the problem came back but apparently now, i just need to uninstall/reinstall and it works. Ofcourse this is not a solution but may point the problem to armory crate. I'm now trying to run the laptop without armory crate and see if in the further days the problem happen again or not.

    I use to plug/unplug the laptop few times a day since I move it with me in the house (veeeery carefully).

    The service center suggested me to restore to factory setup but im sure this is not a solution and it will cause a pain in the ass to re-install all the stuff etc..etc..

    I'm really frustrated by this. I think that after coronavirus I will go to the shop and ask to change laptop with another with same spec. even if it will cost me something... i can't buy 1400€ laptop to have this kind of stupid driver problems and waste of time... next time i'll buy something i'll go for apple.. even if i hate it... but never heard of this kind of stupid driver issue on apple system.

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X11 Hero (Wi-Fi)
    Processori9 10900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 2080 Super
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard Dell AW510K
    Mouse Dell AW610M
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X53

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    112

    If you are wondering, I got the new system which has the Intel AC AX201 adapter which also works the same way as the 9560. Mine seems to be fairly consistent.

    I am trying to run mine with auto connect turned off so I can see if the card drops offline. If you have such a situation, perhaps turn off the connect automatically (reconnect manually) for any other networks you show as available, just in case the card is trying to jump to another network.. Win 10 doesn't make it easy to turn off auto connect...

    I have my Wlan report and the usage does show a little strange and the online times are quite short with only a few instances of the card staying connect for longer periods. That might be due to some type of power management situation.

  8. #18
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by ROGueOne View Post
    My few months old Asus Rog Strix G531gt running Windows 10 is having wifi issues as in the wireless is not working properly, so I have no wifi. It was working completely fine, and then one day the wifi just stopped working

    I've already tried just about everything on the internet to fix it besides taking it to a service center, or resetting Windows.

    Any help to avoid the service center or resetting Windows is appreciated.

    What I've tried:

    1) Updated bios to newest
    2) Reset bios defaults and saved
    3) Updated drivers
    4) Tried older drivers
    5) Reset Windows network (this got it working for a few days once)
    6) Uninstalled/Reinstalled adapter
    7) Disabled/Enabled adapter (this has got it working again 2 times for a few days)
    your story matching my story excatcly same i have same laptop g531gt work good for 15-20 days than i update windows 10 than i start facing problem wifi suddenly disappreaing i am using my external wifi now .i disable my wifi adapter for 1 days and use my external one . next day i enable it start working so its working for me right now .but but wifi disappread suddenly i tried same method that you tried ...did you try win 10 factory reset if still that problem mean wifi adapter has some problem.

  9. #19
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    480

    Hello Saltgrass & Anonboss,
    Please send your device to service center for fur the examination.
    Thank you.

  10. #20
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Solution to resolve Code 10 Intel Wireless AC 9560.

    I post this tread answer for someone they could not get the card working so this solution will also work for Code 10 error.

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...1GT#post813462

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •