cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix g531 gt || CPU Temperature rising too quickly.

vintage07
Level 7
I currently bought a strix g531gt with gtx 1650 onboard with i5 9th gen.
I started playing games with ac adapter plugged in and charging. i played games on ultra settings and noted that within 10-20 minutes of playing, CPU temperatures rose to 80+ degrees.
*aura lighting is off.*
can anybody point me to what should i do? if i game with battery charging off, the performance decreases very much.
Drivers are upto date of intel and nvidia.
Maybe i'm putting too much load on a laptop ?
Please reply and help me out.
5 REPLIES 5

Anthony8686
Level 7
Yes, you putting too much for this laptop. 1650 is more for high and medium settings or even low if you play 120 fps (few games can be run in medium or high with 120fps)

Anthony8686 wrote:
Yes, you putting too much for this laptop. 1650 is more for high and medium settings or even low if you play 120 fps (few games can be run in medium or high with 120fps)

yes i figured it out and now i play at medium settings. A new thing i've observed is when i game with battery, temperature rises to 50-60 degress and when i plug in the ac adapter, temperatures rises to 90 degrees even in the medium settings. my screen has 60hz refresh rate and that is the max fps count i get. but why so much heating??

You have to undervolt the CPU and run the fans on max when playing if you want to avoid high CPU and GPU temperatures.

Also, you always have the option to decrease the maximum CPU frequency with a little bit of a performance sacrifice ( for instance, running at 3.8Ghz instead of 4.0Ghz) you tweak and undervolt using ThrottleStop and there's a lot of tutorials on how to use it.

eagle911
Level 7
vintage07 wrote:
I currently bought a strix g531gt with gtx 1650 onboard with i5 9th gen.
I started playing games with ac adapter plugged in and charging. i played games on ultra settings and noted that within 10-20 minutes of playing, CPU temperatures rose to 80+ degrees.
*aura lighting is off.*
can anybody point me to what should i do? if i game with battery charging off, the performance decreases very much.
Drivers are upto date of intel and nvidia.
Maybe i'm putting too much load on a laptop ?
Please reply and help me out.

Well I play games with silent mode in armoury crate so I can play full graphics GTA 5, F1 2019, dirt rally 2.0 under 80C. It stays around 75-80C and I played for like 2 to 3 hours

eagle911 wrote:
Well I play games with silent mode in armoury crate so I can play full graphics GTA 5, F1 2019, dirt rally 2.0 under 80C. It stays around 75-80C and I played for like 2 to 3 hours

GTA 5 on full graphics on silent mode? how mate? with or without ac adapter?