cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 2080 Ti Possible Failure?

natebe1
Level 7
Hello, Everyone

I have a Strix 2080 TI Oc that is having a strange issue recently that id did not have or maybe I did not notice before.

When the card is overclocked on the core by +120 it will cause graphical glitches. See attached pic of Borderlands 3.

If the card is OCed under +120 or anything between I have not notice this issue when I first got the card and played with some overclocking.

Otherwise it doesn't seem to affect anything or crash the game will eventually become all black and you can see some menus and it sounds like its still playing.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Do you think the card could be failing?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
If the artefacting only occurs when an offset is put on the GPU core then the overclock is not stable. Turing will normally crash before producing artifacts due to the error correction, but if they aren't present at stock the card is fine.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Rob_W_
Level 12
My nvidea rtx2080ti did the same but only when I was *Oc the memory, I found lowering the memory Oc cured it! I could then add more on the core without issue.

That makes sense thank you. I just found it odd that before it didn't seem to have any problems with a +120 overclock but maybe I just didn't notice it as before the games would crash.