cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate - No devices at all! [PROGRESS]

Chrizzy
Level 7
So! Not just issues with Asus Aura but now also with Crate that Im forced to use since Rog Armory prompts to use Crate..

Installed Crate - all went fine! Opened up crate and no devices is showing up, Ive got the Gladius II mice and Flare keyboard.
Asus Aura is still installed and works but no lighting control in Crate either.

Im on the Crate v2.5.6.0

When I check for updates inside Crate is just sits with that Loading animation in infinity!

What to do?
How do I wipe every Asus software and only install Crate and get it to work?

Specs:
Win 10 Pro (1903 Build: 18362.418)
Maximus X Hero Z370
Gskill Trident-z rgb
Strix OC 1080Ti
32 REPLIES 32

CptDobey
Level 7
I do have the exact same issue.
I have three Asus devices:
- ROG Gladius 2 mouse
- ROG Claymore keyboard
- ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING

There are three different softwares to manage the lightning:
- Asus AURA RGB Lighting Control
- Asus Armoury
- Asus Crate

Oh, there is also Aura Sync... that's four.

None of these programs are able to manage all my devices correctly and completely. Three poorly manage on or two devices, and one (Asus Crate) manages none of them.

So, I do own an Asus Claymore, a $200 keyboard, and I am unable to assign a specific color to a key. I am just able to choose a global effect.
Asus Crate seems to be what I need to create advanced lightning effect... but it handles none of my devices.

I do not even understand why putting WASD in a different color than the rest of the keyboard is an "advanced lightning effect".

Asus, it is time to fix this, isn't it ?

CptDobey wrote:
I do have the exact same issue.
I have three Asus devices:
- ROG Gladius 2 mouse
- ROG Claymore keyboard
- ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING

There are three different softwares to manage the lightning:
- Asus AURA RGB Lighting Control
- Asus Armoury
- Asus Crate

Oh, there is also Aura Sync... that's four.

None of these programs are able to manage all my devices correctly and completely. Three poorly manage on or two devices, and one (Asus Crate) manages none of them.

So, I do own an Asus Claymore, a $200 keyboard, and I am unable to assign a specific color to a key. I am just able to choose a global effect.
Asus Crate seems to be what I need to create advanced lightning effect... but it handles none of my devices.

I do not even understand why putting WASD in a different color than the rest of the keyboard is an "advanced lightning effect".

Asus, it is time to fix this, isn't it ?

Here´s what I had to do:
Intall Armoury and make sure everything is working in there.
Install latest Aura Lighting v1.07.57(Latest shown for my motherboard)
When that´s installed, restart pc and uninstall the Aura Service and install the service again but from the Aura Lighting v1.06.17

-This gives me full rgb control and mice/keyboard control atleast!

Crate still refuse to work!

It´s ridiculous that Asus cant provide support nor a fully working software - it´s been years now!

Guess it´s time to abandon Asus and move over to Gigabyte which are stepping ahead these days!

Re
Level 10
Chrizzy wrote:
So! Not just issues with Asus Aura but now also with Crate that Im forced to use since Rog Armory prompts to use Crate..

Installed Crate - all went fine! Opened up crate and no devices is showing up, Ive got the Gladius II mice and Flare keyboard.
Asus Aura is still installed and works but no lighting control in Crate either.

Im on the Crate v2.5.6.0

When I check for updates inside Crate is just sits with that Loading animation in infinity!

What to do?
How do I wipe every Asus software and only install Crate and get it to work?

Specs:
Win 10 Pro (1903 Build: 18362.418)
Maximus X Hero Z370
Gskill Trident-z rgb
Strix OC 1080Ti

Armourycrateservice and rog live services Running? *

Re@per wrote:
Armourycrateservice and rog live services Running? *

There all running, same with Lightingservice and some Asus com service.

Attached image named services shows which services thats running with only ROG Armory installed - Keyboard and mice is showing up there!
Attached image named Aura shows which additional services thats running.
Attached image named Crate shows which additional services thats running with crate installed + a another Nahimic service.
Last one shows Aura stopped working message - Aura doesnt work at all after installing Crate.

...and when installing Crate only after wiping all other softwares uninstalled it automatically installs ROG Armory.

Chrizzy wrote:
There all running, same with Lightingservice and some Asus com service.

Attached image named services shows which services thats running with only ROG Armory installed - Keyboard and mice is showing up there!
Attached image named Aura shows which additional services thats running.
Attached image named Crate shows which additional services thats running with crate installed + a another Nahimic service.
Last one shows Aura stopped working message - Aura doesnt work at all after installing Crate.

...and when installing Crate only after wiping all other softwares uninstalled it automatically installs ROG Armory.

both services are missing as I mentioned before....

Uninstall Crate and start again Armoury Crate installer (not ms store)*

U can download it from the Ryujin 360 support Page.

Re@per wrote:
both services are missing as I mentioned before....

Uninstall Crate and start again Armoury Crate installer (not ms store)*

U can download it from the Ryujin 360 support Page.

Hmm..
Uninstalled everything again! Not a single ASUS software installed.

Went to the Ryujin support and found Crate but it´s the same that ive been using all the time!
Webinstaller typed one and that is installing the MS store one..

Here is also a video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16n94mngKu5DzRgNZM0N1L6JD5rC6N40O/view?usp=sharing

Chrizzy
Level 7
Small progress!

Uninstalled everything using Revo Uninstaller!
Installed ROG Armoury and Asus Aura Lighting Control v1.06.17 - Both softwares works and all devices is showing up!

Currently installing Crate and it´s been stuck at the first load/update screen for 5mins or so..
Hopefully that finishes but then Im back at square 0 since I cant update the Mice nor keyboard thruw Crate - it says that there is 2 updates available and installs them but after the prompted reboot it still says that the same update is available and mice nor keyboard has been updated...

Well, that didnt work! Crate isnt showing the Devices tab for keyboard and mice nor the lighting tab for rgb 😕
And by installing Crate - Asus Aura Lighting Control get´s killed and it cant recognize any devices!

Chrizzy
Level 7
Here´s another video showing the whole installation process!
Crateservices isnt installed by that web? installer provided by Asus!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o5Jnl71Dn8-DxOw5cOxvbrHLw0h6w6lL/view?usp=sharing

So, next step is?!

Chrizzy wrote:
Here´s another video showing the whole installation process!
Crateservices isnt installed by that web? installer provided by Asus!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o5Jnl71Dn8-DxOw5cOxvbrHLw0h6w6lL/view?usp=sharing

So, next step is?!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82648&d=1571560928

Restarted? And still crate services? *