cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X570-E at 88.5 °C while gaming!!!

PyCoder
Level 7
Hi

Can someone tell me if these temps are normal for the x570-e?
My chipset temp reaches almost 90°C while gaming and I don't think it's normal nor healthy!

Fan is PCH Fan is blowing as you can see.

What's your temps?
16 REPLIES 16

PyCoder
Level 7
Fixed by myself!

I removed the fan/heatsink and replaced that oily mess of ****ty thermalpad with a 0.8mm copper pad on both sides Noctua NT-H2 Thermalpast and my temps went down to 66 °C while gaming/rendering/video edit!

Startup: 46°C (FAN not even spinning)
IDLE: 55 °C
Gaming: 66 °C

How the f*k is ASUS not able to fix that issue? Only 0.8mm more alu needed to touch the Chip!!!
They did the same s*t with the 10Gbps NIC and everyone is complaining about it!!!

I have the same question, my X570-E up to 8x temperature.

9colai
Level 7
I have the same problem on my x570-e. The GPU is blocking the fan for the chipset and the temperature is slowly rising to around 70C when idle and almost 80 when gaming.
Do any of you know if it's better to remove the plastic cover at the chipset and let the airflow in the case cool instead?

9colai
Level 7
I just tried removing the plastic cover yesterday and the results are better. I have only tried it out for 3 hours, but the chipset idle temperature is now 64-65 degrees celcius and during gaming it's around 70-71 degrees celcius. Ambient temperature is 24 degrees celcius. So a 6-7 degrees drop during gaming, just by removing the plastic cover.

This is with good case ventilation of course.

Maybe replacing the thermal pad on the heatsink could help a little more?

AAtte
Level 7
I have same problems as you. I have Strix X570-I and my idle temps are around 67 degrees celsius. I will open the fan and the heatsink today after work. I might try to use the m.2 heatpad as addition to the current ones if they are lacking.

My case is small, but I have 2 x CPU fans blowing to the CPU and motherboard through Noctua C14S, so changing air is not the problem here.

Anything below 90 is fine, 90-95 needs some attention, and above that is an actual issue.

Retired
Not applicable
RedSector73 wrote:
Anything below 90 is fine, 90-95 needs some attention, and above that is an actual issue.

That doesn't sound so fine to me 😉

Rockford wrote:
That doesn't sound so fine to me 😉

The chipset has its own substrate separate to the board and can take max temp 102/105 before throttling.

Retired
Not applicable
AAtte wrote:
I might try to use the m.2 heatpad as addition to the current ones if they are lacking.

2 mm thermal pad is way too thick, its only going to make temperature worse.......

OP made a good fix, thin copper shim and thermalpaste ))