cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram and x299!

DejaVu
Level 9
Hi, I would like a clarification if possible, I have as system i7-7820x and strix x299-E with ram corsair 4000mhz 16gb 4x4.I explain the problem. while i play bfv every now and then i have an incredible lag for some fraction of a second. my question is? are few 4gb of ram per channel? better pass 4x8 32gb of ram?
6 REPLIES 6

cekeu
Level 12
I think 2x8gb or 4x8gb is better but i am not an expert

By the way, now that I read again, lags could be caused by entirely other things than RAM.
E.g. my M2 SSD was overheating under the 1080 Ti and needed relocation before system freezes went away.

I suggest you describe more in detail what is going on and fill out your full config so that folks can help.
Keep exploring, keep innovating, keep creating

martine-dee
Level 12
I know this question may sound like a broken record, but are all four sticks in the slots where they should be according to the manual?

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2066/ROG_STRIX_X299-E_GAMING/E12781_ROG_STRIX_X299-E_GAMING_U...

Also, what is the exact part number? E.g. mine is CMK32GX4M4A3200C16 .

DejaVu
Level 9
hi rams are these CMK8GX4M2B4000C19 2x kits, they are not in the dram qvl of the motherboard.
all of a sudden I have a sudden cpu spike that results in a lag in the game

DejaVu wrote:
hi rams are these CMK8GX4M2B4000C19 2x kits, they are not in the dram qvl of the motherboard.
all of a sudden I have a sudden cpu spike that results in a lag in the game

Okay, so that will be the slots A1 and C1.

I have Corsair vengeance and they work fine in.

run prime 95 at memory and controler test , if you hv any failure you unstable.

Almost all mb rog serial hv issue at uefi with RTL IOL training what make unstable anyting after 2400 mhz , if you cannot fix any settings at RTL IOL , you hv bug. Contact asus support and push them to fix this bug . Or make RMA.

all who say's they stable , they no make deep test memory and they use unstable system . I was try with many memory my omega its make unstable all what i put to them even QVL memory what most work 1000%

i write them to support about this issue , it's first reason why people make RMA .

Remember first always make support request to asus then ask at forum , you pay for support when buy anyting from asus. And ignore if they say about QVL , its lie , its too not work!