cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi problems after reformatt

Stormtrooper778
Level 7
I recently reformatted my pc, and i use the Asus rog z390 formula with wifi built in. I installed the latest drivers however the Wifi driver wont install, and sometimes my wifi on my pc goes really slow or disconnects, where as my phone ipad etc all still have wifi as normal.

Is this something to do with a faulty Management engine interface driver? or bios?, So to iterate the problems im having are:

-Reformatted pc yesterday, installed latest drivers off asus mobo website

-Cant install wifi driver when previously this has installed fine

-bluetooth driver not installing properly either

-this is causing my wifi to not work properly, havnt tested bluetooth

-i think its due to management engine interface faulty driver on asus website.
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
Can you elaborate on what is going wrong with the driver install? Is there an error message?

If you think there is an issue with the ASUS IME driver you can uninstall it and let Windows choose one. I had the opposite problem with one of my laptops. The Windows IME driver had issues with my wifi so I had to manually install a better one.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Stormtrooper778
Level 7
Hello and thanks for replying, I don't think its the management engine interface anymore but there is a problem somewhere.

I downloaded the latest WIFI driver "V21.40.1.4 WIN10 64BIT" from https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/ but this wont even install, so i tried a previous driver version from the same website but they wont install either. I left it with the intel driver but every now and then it either goes to around 0.5mb/s (when usually its at 74mb/s) or stops working.

For now i am using an external wifi dongle with which its working fine. i think the wifi driver needs to be fixed so i can get my built in mobo wifi adapter to work

Stormtrooper778 wrote:
Hello and thanks for replying, I don't think its the management engine interface anymore but there is a problem somewhere.

I downloaded the latest WIFI driver "V21.40.1.4 WIN10 64BIT" from https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/ but this wont even install, so i tried a previous driver version from the same website but they wont install either. I left it with the intel driver but every now and then it either goes to around 0.5mb/s (when usually its at 74mb/s) or stops working.

For now i am using an external wifi dongle with which its working fine. i think the wifi driver needs to be fixed so i can get my built in mobo wifi adapter to work

Please let us know what your system consists of.

Stormtrooper778 wrote:
wont install

What does this mean? You still haven't elaborated. Is there an error message? Does it just crash? If so what happens up to the point of crashing?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Stormtrooper778
Level 7
My system has the following:

i9 9900k at stock
Asus Z390 formula
Asus rog Ryujin 360mm
32gb Trident Z CL14 3200mhz
MSI RTX 2070 super (the three fan design) at stock
EVGA nu audio sound card
1000w prime platinum seasonic psu
samsung 970 evo plus 1gb nvme
sandisk 500gb extreme pro nvme
2x 2tb samsung evo 860 ssd
1x 500gb sandisk ultra ssd
1x 250gb sandisk plus ssd

logitech g560 speakers
roccat leadr mouse
razer huntsman elite keyboard
6x ML140 pro rgb fans from corsair

Stormtrooper778
Level 7
When i click asusinstall, nothing happens.

I used the other install option (was either install.bat or setup cant remember) and a dos screen came up, but it said cannot install or installation is blocked. ive had it on the mobo wifi all day and nothing odd happened, but sooner or later the speed will slow down again by 90% or it will lose connection.

Before i updated my mobo bios to 1305 and installed the latest drivers i had none of these problems

xeromist
Try right-click > Run as Administrator

I would do that with both the exe and the batch file to see if it makes a difference.

raju2529
Level 7
without using .exe file , we can easily install all drivers , only we need .inf , .cat , .sys files and must be in 64bit compatible
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Stormtrooper778
Level 7
Thanks for the replies, havn't had a problem with my wifi for a third day now so i think something may have been updated since then, i have done a reformatt since then so maybe it was a bad windows install.

i will try the run as administrator suggestion if it does come back