cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus S Volume wheel not working properly ( delayed response)

abdul1234
Level 7
Hi All.

I have the zephyrus S gx701 GVR, The volume wheel on the laptop is not working as intended...If I scroll the volume up it does not do anything until a few minutes later it shoots upto 100...and until I click on the wheel the volume is stuck at 100... the same issue happens when I try decrease the volume..

please let me know if there is a possible fix for this.

Edit: This does not happen if I click on the button before I start scrolling.

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

jorge_pinheiro
Level 7
abdul1234 wrote:
Hi All.

I have the zephyrus S gx701 GVR, The volume wheel on the laptop is not working as intended...If I scroll the volume up it does not do anything until a few minutes later it shoots upto 100...and until I click on the wheel the volume is stuck at 100... the same issue happens when I try decrease the volume..

please let me know if there is a possible fix for this.

Edit: This does not happen if I click on the button before I start scrolling.

Thank you

Yep , it is a bug. Same problem on a brand new GX701GWR 9750h-RTX2070 and it behaves the same way.
…. shame on these guys, so good hardware but so buggy software ArmouryCRATE & ROG services...

You can uninstall everything ( ArmouryCrate APP + services and ROG services and reinstall a previous version (2.4.9 and services 1.0.4 i think ... ) and it will work ok for sometime)
Sadly , after some time the AR app will autoupdate and everything get´s buggy again … Lame ! They should at least let us to control de update process !!!

Let ´s hope they fix it in future.

PS: just a remark, i also tried a fresh Win10PRO install and same thing happen after.
Initial it was ok( with my manual "selected" drivers installation ) but after some time after the auto-AR updates , same buggy control scheme 😞 .
Not fair, but you got to live with it .

jorge.pinheiro wrote:
Yep , it is a bug. Same problem on a brand new GX701GWR 9750h-RTX2070 and it behaves the same way.
…. shame on these guys, so good hardware but so buggy software ArmouryCRATE & ROG services...

You can uninstall everything ( ArmouryCrate APP + services and ROG services and reinstall a previous version (2.4.9 and services 1.0.4 i think ... ) and it will work ok for sometime)
Sadly , after some time the AR app will autoupdate and everything get´s buggy again … Lame ! They should at least let us to control de update process !!!

Let ´s hope they fix it in future.

PS: just a remark, i also tried a fresh Win10PRO install and same thing happen after.
Initial it was ok( with my manual "selected" drivers installation ) but after some time after the auto-AR updates , same buggy control scheme 😞 .
Not fair, but you got to live with it .

I think might have find a way around this, just uninstallling AR temporarily along with XTU service solved the issue

abdul1234 wrote:
I think might have find a way around this, just uninstallling AR temporarily along with XTU service solved the issue

XTU service ? and AR ?
But this way the ArmouryCrate is useless , right ? And we need it ..as it is the central control point on all ROG machines . Or how can you make it work without these?
Cant understand how ASUS has these bugs on premium machines like Zephyrus ...

**** software from anus, just delete all ROG services except for Crate (and ONLY crate). It will work again and make sure you disable the autoupdate.

angryrogcustomer wrote:
**** software from anus, just delete all ROG services except for Crate (and ONLY crate). It will work again and make sure you disable the autoupdate.

can you help me out: step by step ?
Everytime i get everything ok ( 2.4.8 works fine ) it still manages to update to 2.5.x ….arghhhh...and it messes everything .