Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

hey guys, sorry for the break in updates. However my finger is pretty much healed up and over the last 2 days pretty much all of the parts for the wall build have showed up in the mail. I am only waiting on the screws to mount the radiator.

I am having a hard time deciding which res to use for this build thoughts?

Also over the new year I managed to score a 1080P Viewsonic Projector for really cheap and with 0% financing for 18 months

I also upgraded to a Motorized 100 inch screen which means I can run everything from my desk, double

As soon as the screws come in I will start fitting everything and moving forward however I am in need of some 45 and 90 degree adapters for my compression fittings and I am pretty much out of budget until next month so I will have to source some through trade or whatever. Anywho thanks for reading as always, my next update will be a video of me explaining the full wall PC setup.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array KPRage PC Specs
    KPRage PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Gene
    Processor3570k
    Memory (part number)Vengance 1866 8Gb Ram
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Graphics Card #2ASUS R9 280 DC2
    Graphics Card #3Radeon 5850 HD
    MonitorASUS VZ27AQ
    Storage #1Samsun EVO 850 Pro
    Storage #23 1TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerH80
    CaseMerc Alpha
    Power SupplyTX 650 80 plus Gold
    OS Win 7/ Win 8.1/ Win 10

Holy mother of GOD!! This is awesome!! Can't wait to see the end result!! Wow.. Am following this thread right away!
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mankz's Avatar

This is a great project, love seeing man caves coming together.

Keep it coming

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok guys, time for a fairly large update. I was going to make a video of me explaingin how the wall pc was going to work and the purpose of it but I came home from work today feeling angry for no good reason so I decided to take it out on some modding. So here are the fruits of my labor for the afternoon.

First off I cut the Screws i had ordered from frozen CPU to leagnth so I could mount the rad.

Next up I needed to remove a bit of pipe from the area I would be working in as it was no longer in use.

Then vacuum and mount the rad

Next up is the pump

Then the Res.

After that i needed to get the 2x6 I would be using to mount the hinges to level and secure.

After that it was time to make the plank I would be using to mount all of my hardware. There are 4 holes in the lian li trade that make good mounting points.

And just my luck the Seasonic PSU fits perfectly between the nuts

next up was mounting the hinges and testing out the concept.

Woo Hoo, all looks well. Time to start running some tubing. Unfortunately the danger den res. I am using will not allow me to us compression fittings, so I am going to have to use barbs on the res (eww )

CPU heatsink installed

and the video card next.

And here is a mockup, the tubes are too long atm but I wanted them that way till I am finished so I have some play room. Now I just need to get a bracket for the PSU and a couple other things and this thing is ready to rock! As always thanks for reading.

Nice...nice...
    That wall-mount PC concept is really innovative...
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok a slightly smaller update today. I am still waiting on some parts to arrive (A huge thanks to deadlift1 you are truly [H]ard!) He offered me some free extensions so I can use compression fittings on my reservoir. However I did swing back by Bryans shop to have a PSU Bracket mad up yesterday and I got the rest of the mounting hardware for the tray installed.

First off is the Latch to hold it in the upright position, nothing fancy but it works like a charm.

Then we have a tensioning cable to reduce stress on the wood the hinges are mounted to and prevent sag. I mounted a adjustable hook on one end so I can adjust sould the cable stetch out or I need to alter the position.

Then off to the plasma cutter again.

And viola a PSU bracket.

Mounted.

And we now have a place to slap in the Seasonic 750w PSU

You can see here the PSU has plenty of room to breathe and there is only a slight gap between the wood which I will address when I do cable management.

Hopefully another update and maybe a video by the weekend. As always thanks for reading!

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Nice work you're doing there!

I'm just wondering if that radiator setup can do it's job... it's too close to the wall and the fans doesn't seem to have to high static pressure...

ROG Enthusiast Array

It has a couple of inches between the sheetrock and the rad, as for the fans I am pretty confident that they will get the job done, as with all of my scratch builds though, tis' and experiment

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

OK... it was just an observation...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Absolutely and I welcome any and all thoughts on my builds . This whole thing is a bit of a experiment since no one that I can find has ever mounted a watercooled CPU upside down before so its really best guess as to how well it will cool and function. However once I have figured out the effects I will be flipping the mounting tray around so it will be in a more typical configuration.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast