Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Insane Viking Power Array frisianbear2002's Avatar

Looking great till so far.
    l Asus Rampage 4 Extreme l intel 3930X@ 4800Mhz (1.45volt) 24/7 l Asus matrix GTX 580 l
    16GB Team Xtreem DDR3 PC3-20800 2600MHz (11-11-11-28-1)
    l Coolermaster Silentpro 1000w PSU l Revodrive3 ssd l WD Raptor 150Gb (10000rpm) l Corsair H100 wc with 4 Cougar Vortex fans l CM HAF 932 Avanced case l Acer X243H 24'' l Asus RT N66U Dark Knight l Logitech Z2300 speakers

In progress the custom build PC Samurai Warrior ''Miyamoto Musashi'' in Japanese ''宮本 武蔵'' made by Pascal

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just realised that I haven't posted up any good pics of the area that I will be installing the PC into. Here it is the area is about 30x19.25 on the outer dimensions.

The goal is to have 2 shelves for the surround sound, XBOX 360 and PS3 with fans cooling them and the computer hanging above

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Now that's a True Gamer! If the desk isn't Big enough Build one that IS!...Welcome to ROG! next MOD the rest of the House!

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

dDog.. does your wife have a sister ?
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 03-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array tadhp's Avatar

I do some wood working too and like the strong frame you build, enough for a grainite top, don't settle down for less
    CPU : Intel i7-3960X MB : Rampage IV Extreme 3101 Mem : G.SKILL F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH
    GPU : MSI R7970 Lightning PSU : Corsair 1000W OS : W 7 Ultimate Corsair H100 Water cool
    SSD : 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD : 512GB Samsung 480 Pro HDD : 2X 1T WD Speaker : Bose companion 5
    Cooler Master
    HAF-X Monitor : ASUS PB278Q

ROG Enthusiast Array

A little better CAD model the bottom shelf is a piece of ply thats already there, while the other 2 with be a rubber coated wire mesh for maximum airflow. Bottom is Surround sound Head Unit then Xbox360 Slim then Big fat oldschool PS3 next this to work on is doors, fans and PC placement.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Small update

My 2x4 HDMI Matrix Showed up in the mail yesterday, this little box of awesome will let me switch between 4 different HDMI inputs and out put them to either the 42 inch LCD or my projector or both at the same time! The reason for a device like this is that I plan on watching more stuff on my LCD than projector as much as possible due to the significantly shortler lifespan of the projectors bulb.

]

Next up is my XFX 6950 2gb showed up today! Its been flashed to a 6970 Bios and although used is in like new condition. I moved my sapphire doen to the next slot and slid the PCTV card inbetween and presto enough power to rock my triple monitor setup properly. I added some extra fans to make sure cooling doesn't become an issue.

Now this is not the hardware I plan on mounting inside the desk its just my benching/review setup. For the Desk build I am hoping for a 2011 or AMD build so I will have enough PCI-E lanes for all of my needs.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok New update, while I am still wrangling with Cad I decided to start working on the layout of the custom printed vinyl layout for my desk top. As I have said before it will be Mech Warrior themed as that is my favorite gaming franchise and with the advent not or 2 but 4 new Mechwarrior games in the works I couldn't think of anything more appropriate. So right now I am going to be doing some test runs with the artwork and sizing for the areas I have to work with. First up I have the Map of the entire Inner Sphere which I got from the MechWarrior Online art page. I blew it up to 30' tall by 47' and printed it on some heavy duty paper, this is just to see how the artwork looks at this resolution I have not vectored or tweaked it yet but its always important to test print as you never know what you aren't seeing on your monitor.

Doing a rough trim.

Next tape it down to let it stretch a little and offgas.

This is the area I want to put the map on.

Do the final trim.

And check how it lays out.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

I will put some bracing , this bench look a little bit weak......

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah unfortunately I can only work on small block V8's with this desk, I am gonna have to take it to another level if I want to throw a 454 on there . In all seriousness though I have had over 700 pounds on it and it didn't even budge.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast