CPU CoolerEK Predator 240
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova P2 1000w
    Keyboard Coolermaster quickfire pro
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Roccat Kave XTD
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS Win 10 Pro

This build is looking really good DD. Nice job!

Let's see someone try to make off with your "computer" once you get this thing finished!!!!! I do hope you plan on living in that residence for some time to come. Great work!

I have a "piston-assist" on the hatch to my pickup bed's topper-cap. It makes it such that I have to pull that hatch down & hold it in place as I lock the lock--otherwise the pistons push the hatch back into its "up" position. Maybe you could do the same with your hinged MB tray? That way, you wouldn't have to worry about the tray falling, for the MB tray's default position (from the gas piston's perspective) would be "up." You'd need to use a bit more force than just gravity to lower the tray back to horizontal, but not much more force. A big, strong man like yourself should have no problem with this.

Oh, & these pistons come in black, & I got both of mine (I have one on each side of the hatch) from the local auto parts store. (Just look at the top two photos on this website: http://www.truckoutfittersplus.com/s...ps_toppers.htm ) You may need one that is a bit stronger than the ones shown, but I'm betting dollars to doughnuts you could find one that could easily handle the weight of the MB & all it's components with just a bit more searching (or asking the friendly folk in your local auto parts store).

"Oftentimes, 'innovation' does not require 'engineering'--but just a different perspective on how to use the tools at hand."
    Last edited by Skull6; 03-01-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    "If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
    G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

New ROGer Array

time to perform some threadromancy lol. poor luck dude hope it all goes well.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sorry I haven't updated lately guys, I received a few pm's last month about the thread on an update and wanted to let you guys know whats going on. I have been busy with real life (Raising a new puppy for search and rescue and lots of search and rescue training and missions have eaten up all my spare time and money.) The project is not abandoned and as winter approaches I will have more time to resume work on it. I am currently looking for a Sandy bridge i5 processor and a 6950 or GTX 580 or better vid card for this project so if anyone wants to donate or sponsor feel free to PM me. Other wise I have to wait till I have more money and time. Thanks though for the interest and comments guys it really keeps me going through the long periods between updates!

ROG Member Array

MAN! What is your budget for the whole build?

Great stuff, btw - following this thread.

New ROGer Array

Awesome build thus far. Really looking forward to seeing it through completion!

Best of luck!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9