cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Security Check Failure and Armoury Crate

Super_Gnome
Level 11
The latest Armoury Crate 2.5.6.0 is installed in my rig. It won't update components that it says need updating--while on the same page it says, and I quote, "Your device is up to date." That is genius. Nice work Asus! Like Asus software works properly 10% of the time, or is that just me?!?!

Second, I got the blue screen of death (BSOD) yesterday when shutting down, with the problem being a "Kernel Security Check Failure." Armoury Crate or some other driver issue could be the problem.

Anyone with any advice on how to fix these or either problem would be a Godsend. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Super Gnome wrote:
The latest Armoury Crate 2.5.6.0 is installed in my rig. It won't update components that it says need updating--while on the same page it says, and I quote, "Your device is up to date." That is genius. Nice work Asus! Like Asus software works properly 10% of the time, or is that just me?!?!

Second, I got the blue screen of death (BSOD) yesterday when shutting down, with the problem being a "Kernel Security Check Failure." Armoury Crate or some other driver issue could be the problem.

Anyone with any advice on how to fix these or either problem would be a Godsend. Thanks in advance.

I send these yesterday. i have to make a clean install since i want to test a theory. so far windows is the cause.

I waiting that they start work day. I did not have the BSOD

Find me on RogDiscord
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Super_Gnome
Level 11
A few days later and the Blue Screen Of Death has appeared on shutdown yet again. I am tempted to simply uninstall Armoury Crate to see if that puts an end to this once and for all. It has proven itself useless yet again anyway--much as months ago when it seemed to be nothing more than bloatware that didnt work properly. I uninstalled the earlier version months ago and my computer had never been healthier. Then after installing the latest BIOS, the lighting and LED displays stopped working the way they had for months, using LiveDash. But now LiveDash was dead.

Anyhow, if there is no software installed to run your lighting is that okay?! I am tempted to find out tomorrow.