cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak and confusing support instructions

Relish
Level 7
I just got off a live chat with Asus support on how to flash my vbios using GPU Tweak II for my ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING, but... I'm stuck on step #1

"1. Extract the drivers package and get into the folder
2. Click the File option from the upper left corner of the driver package folder
3. Move the cursor to the Open Windows PowerShell option
4. Select Open Windows PowerShell as administrator option
5. Select Yes, Allow this app to make changes to your device.
6. Input .\setup.bat
7. Press Enter key to start drivers installation until return to next command line.
8. After install successfully, please restart."

This all started when I noticed that my card is not up to snuff with older games like it is with newer games like DMCV. There's a 2017 vbios update for my card and my card is still running the original June 29, 2016 vbios, but the auto utility installer doesn't work. it pops up a command prompt with nothing in it and a tiny window that says, "Your graphic card no need to update VBIOS".

Here's the version I'm running: 67DFHB.15.50.0.0.AS20
Here's what's in the package: 67DFHB.15.50.0.0.AS18
67DFHB.15.50.0.0.AS19
67DFHB.15.50.0.0.AS39
67DFHB.15.50.0.0.AS40

The support dude said not to use them because it would void my warranty, but they are the official vbios from the website so I was confused. He finally suggested this, because I was being logical (annoying) to not just immediately RMA the thing. I'm probably just being a noob and not knowing what I'm doing (high chance), but those last set of letters and numbers should suggest these are of a newer release and older releases. Here's the GPU-Z in case I'm just not reading it right and I kinda wasted roughly... 4 hours? I bought this late November 2016 off Newegg. I appreciate the help and thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Relish
Level 7
Upon further research it would appear Asus put the wrong vbios in the support/drivers section for my card. I was finally able to access Techpowerup.com (it kept saying I had a TOR?) and I found the vbios history for my card. There is a single, newer vbios for my card: Asus.RX480.8192.170628_1.rom, vbios version:015.050.000.001.000000. Is there a legit Asus branded, non warranty voiding, way for me to update my vbios? I used atiflash to backup my current vbios just to be super safe. I'm having a lot of stability issues I hope this solves.

Techpowerup: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/200493/asus-rx480-8192-170628-1