cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook Asus ROG GL502VSK Driver Update ?

Sergio92
Level 7
Hi everyone, I have an Asus ROG GL502VSK (Kaby Lake) and on the asus website I find some dated drivers, some even 2-3 years old.
I wanted to know if there is a possibility that the manufacturer will update the drivers or if not, where can I find the updated drivers for my notebook?
8 REPLIES 8

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
What drivers in specific are you looking for?

To be honest, the only driver you should really worry about keeping up to date (most of the times) is the graphics driver, unless you're having a very specific issue.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
What drivers in specific are you looking for?

To be honest, the only driver you should really worry about keeping up to date (most of the times) is the graphics driver, unless you're having a very specific issue.

I am waiting for the release of Windows 10 1909 (November 2019) to format and do a clean installation of Windows, so I would like to have all the drivers updated and compatible.

raju2529
Level 7
i only update bios firmware, splendid, touchpad driver, ATK package from Asus site. Remaining all drivers from other respective sites.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Exactly. Install only what you really need. Avoid installing all the bloatware. Touchpad driver if necessary, ATK package for the function keys and maybe sonic studio and rog gaming center. You can find those in the Asus support website. Graphics driver you can download from the Nvidia website. Lan, wifi, audio and bluetooth drivers should work fine out of the box.

The Wifi, Lan, Bluetooth and nVidia drivers downloaded from the individual sites seem to work correctly, while the updated realtek audio drivers are installed but after windows update it installs another one.

While for intel drivers? (Intel Management Engine Interface, Intel Rapid Storage Technology, Intel (R) Serial IO GPIO, Intel® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework, Intel INF Update) not better to have them updated?

all intel related drivers must be update because, Intel fixes bugs or security fixes in every update.
my intel produts have updaed drivers for my intel cpu and intel gpu
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Unfortunately, on the asus website of the notebook they are not updated, they are dated 2016.
And not if they are custom drivers or if those on the intel site are also fine

Sergio92 wrote:
The Wifi, Lan, Bluetooth and nVidia drivers downloaded from the individual sites seem to work correctly, while the updated realtek audio drivers are installed but after windows update it installs another one.

While for intel drivers? (Intel Management Engine Interface, Intel Rapid Storage Technology, Intel (R) Serial IO GPIO, Intel® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework, Intel INF Update) not better to have them updated?

Don't bother with different versions of those drivers unless you're having very specific problems, like I said before. Those that comes installed with windows will work just fine. As a matter of fact, updated audio drivers will cause issues if you plan on using sonic studio, for example.
Download the graphics driver from the nvidia website and you're good to go.
Intel chipset inf drivers are not really drivers but "descriptors" of the hardware you're running. It'll just change the devices names on the device manager. As for the others, unless you're not running into some issue, don't worry about it. Only install if needed. If you don't know what they're for, you most certainly don't need them.