cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ HDR the reference white control is not visible in the color setting menu

webdove
Level 7

My new PG27u is not displaying the reference white (nits) control in the "color controls" On-screen display when in HDR mode.
I was told by someone at MicroCenter that it could be because I had enabled 144hz refresh. So I disabled that and did a factory reset, but I still don't see the reference white control when in HDR mode.

Does anyone have advice?

Web
3 REPLIES 3

webdove
Level 7
I have now tried HDMI, DIsplayPort, presetting into all 6 visual choices and tried using a roku ultra with netflix HDR. In all cases the "reference white (nits)" is dark and cannot be adjusted in HDR mode. I swapped the monitor for a new one today and the behavior is the same.

I am beginning to suspect that there may have been a faulty firmware patch.

Web

Rewerend
Level 9
Hello webdove, you can try to read on overclock.net there was a big disscusion about that.
Anyway I am able to set this settings and I don´t now if there is some combination of settings which can allow you to set these settings... Seems that you tried everything.
I can can send you my LCD settings... Meanwhile check this info about firmware... -> https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036750/
Hope we can find solution... coz there was some older FW´s...

Psycrow
Level 11
My monitor also looks like that..i had 7 of these from bad RMA cases..and all em was like this, when you use HDR.
So i guess you cant change it in HDR mode..that is a normal thing i guess.

But after 7 monitors then i dont know anymore what is normal or not on this piece of crap !

Update..i tryed to disable HDR and still you cant change the ref nits options at all..its gray in the menu..so i dont know why it is there.
let me know if you find out something.

Update again..i googled the "problem" and it looks like these options you see in the monitor menu the ref nits and peak nits are something
that is adjusted in games options, Some games has a direct option called the same ref and peak nits..other games has a slider you adjust and it changes ur ref and peak nits.

So ur first monitor was NOT broken