cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g531gt lightzones option gone from armoury crate

rtrockkers2
Level 7

I tried resetting the pc. Still nothing worked. Updated everything to latest still this is happening. Please anyone help.
10 REPLIES 10

spkandx
Level 7
Indeed... Same thing for me. I just want the keyboard lights on, and lightzone off. No way to configure that anymore with armoury crate.
Also, Aura Sync menu and its effects are not working... Now it's only possible to change the lights in the Device icon (which popup to a single icon, SYSTEM, requiring another click.................) and then go for "lightning" menu. That one works.

But it's still impossible to turn off lightzone and keep keyboard on.

Sorry for long text, but these kind of configurations (which should be basic) are making me go nuts :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now, it seems that aura creator is compatible with this laptop. However... cannot separate light zones from keyboard and bottom. You can create one dark layer for bottom lights, and other one, let's say red, for keyboard. Guess what!.. One of those layers will control all zones, randomly.

Incredible how can someone mess up simple light configurations

So,
1.) is retarded who invented the blinking red light after sleep PC. You can´t sleep near him...
2.) This option from Armoury Crate missing when you install the AURA Creator. There can set the 6 light zones how it will be light.

I also find this forum a bit odd... It's rare an official help, and also people in same situation :S am I the only one here, who cannot configure the lights? I just want the keyboard and not the bottom side on... Super simple.. C'mon

Lot of updates for something I have no idea what it is exactly. Issue remains... Absolutely no form to separate keyboard lights from downside lights. How is this possible? Expensive laptop with such stupid issues.... hot damn

Please, for the love of god, ASUS, bring the option to turn on/off lighting zones back to Armoury Crate! Those check boxes worked nice and simple, why remove something if it just works?

I don't want to install Aura Creator, to custom create profiles for such basic lighting control. Besides, it nearly messed up the keyboard light last time I did, they kept blinking, had to uninstall the app and cleanup registry to fix it.

Hi, checked my setup on a G731GT and tick boxes are there in Armoury Crate V2.6.4.0, they're pretty much the same machine as the G531GT(17" vs 15").
Have you got latest app version and checked all available firmware and software updates are installed?
There was a lighting firmware update released 4th November 2019 https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/G531GW/ROGKBFWUpdateTool_ASUS_WIN10_64_V222.zip?_ga=2.79...

Hotfix
Version V2.2.2
2019/11/043.35 MBytes
ROG Keyboard Firmware Update tool
This app updates LED lighting firmware.

Guys, I found a brilliant glitch which may be the solution to your great One zone RGB problem.
After the recent update of the Armoury Crate software, the options to turn the bottom and keyboard lights separately was lost.
But luckily there is a software called ROG AURA CORE which has a glitch in it.
It is definitely meant for 4 or 7 zone lighting but works well with one zone too.
All you have to do is get the app from Windows Store and select the basic tab if you want the bottom bars to glow. However, if you want to turn off the bottom light and keep the keyboard lights on at the same time then all you got to do is just select either of Customize 1 or Customize 2 tab and then close the app and launch the Armoury crate and select the desired effect for your backlit keyboard.
In case you want the bottom strips to glow again, you can open the ROG AURA CORE app and select the basic tab and then select the desired effect from Armoury Crate.
Let me know if you have a better solution.

ouroboro wrote:
Guys, I found a brilliant glitch which may be the solution to your great One zone RGB problem.
After the recent update of the Armoury Crate software, the options to turn the bottom and keyboard lights separately was lost.
But luckily there is a software called ROG AURA CORE which has a glitch in it.
It is definitely meant for 4 or 7 zone lighting but works well with one zone too.
All you have to do is get the app from Windows Store and select the basic tab if you want the bottom bars to glow. However, if you want to turn off the bottom light and keep the keyboard lights on at the same time then all you got to do is just select either of Customize 1 or Customize 2 tab and then close the app and launch the Armoury crate and select the desired effect for your backlit keyboard.
In case you want the bottom strips to glow again, you can open the ROG AURA CORE app and select the basic tab and then select the desired effect from Armoury Crate.
Let me know if you have a better solution.

yes it works perfectly. how about if i want to do the opposite. anybody got any ideas?