cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT AX11000 - 2.4G issue & Protected Management Frames

JeeNee
Level 7
hi everyone,
Just purchased GT AX11000 last week. Noticed issue with 2.4G band as it is vastly unstable with slow speed and very poor coverage. I will notice the issue when my smart home devices (smart bulbs, google home) started to not responding to events. I did a speed test on the 2.4G and speed is normally lower than 20mbps, when it is functional, I will get 80mbps on the 2.4G band. The 2 other 5Ghz bands are working great, hit 500mbps every single time when I do a speed test. The 2.4G band issue will sometimes resolved after I restart the router. Times are I need to restart multiple times for it to be stable again.

Another issue is with Protected Management Frames. It is by default set as "Capable" which my Broadlink RM Pro (infra red & RF blaster) is not able to connect to it. I tried to disable Protected Management Frames by selected "Disable" but every single time it will be back to "Capable". How do I disable it?

Thank you so much for your help!

JeeNee
3 REPLIES 3

Lekkerlanglikke
Level 7
I'm not a expert on this, but just want to tell I had some of these problems as well.
Are your 2.4Ghz settings on default? I've seen that my Netatmo Presence didn't like the Channel bandwidth change from 20/40 to 40.
Also i've had a Netgear GS108E (the one with a webinterface build in) Directly after removing it my 'No Response' were gone.

chris_k
Level 8
You might try setting the 2.4 wireless mode to N only, disable 802.11ax/wifi6 and as Lekkerlanglikken said,set the channel bandwidth to 40mhz. Make sure smart connect is disabled. If you have bluetooth devices you might want to enable bluetooth coexistence under the professional settings. I haven't messed with Protected Management Frames but I would assume that it would only kick in if connected devices are capable of supporting it, so leaving it set to capable, in theory, shouldn't hurt anything.

TQ so much Chris & Lekkerlanglikken. Yes the 2.4G band is on default settings, I will give it a shot to change to 40 instead of 20/40.

It works well last time with my GT AC 5300 with default 2.4G settings, but noticed the Protected Management Frames was in disabled mode and not causing any issue to my smart devices.

After 1 year of using GT AC 5300, the first 5G band no longer works and left with 5G-2. I'm waiting to claim warranty on it.

Thanks guys 🙂