ROG Member Array

Unhappy STRIX 5700 XT - Screw + Heatsink Mounting Problem

So i guess some of you might have heard, there are some problems with quality control regarding this card.

I am having the same issue, which causes my card to overheat and throttle like crazy, and on some occasions generate out of VRAM errors, namely in World of Warships and Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

I refused to start unscrewing and changing screws on my own, in fear of losing warranty.

Here is the problem explained https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...strix_5700_xt/

One person on a hungarian forum, switched 2 sets of screws and was able to achieve good mounting pressure
    https://mobilarena.hu/dl/upc/2019-10...021_160845.jpg

I have had a chat with support, who pointed me to the local service agency.
    I do not have another card to spare, and i would gladly fix the problem myself, and even told this in the ticket i sent to support.
    Just send me a good set of replacement screws and ill do it myself.
    I do not wish to send the card to RMA only to
    A. wait months for a reply
    B. get the card back, while they say everything is fine, when it is not

Please advise, what the hell should i do?

Should i just sell the card, and buy the generally claimed winner of the custom 5700 XT's, the Sapphire Nitro?

Anyone else here having the same problem?

New ROGer Array

Angry 5700 xt heatsink is loose

I have the same problem. The heatsink is loose on the far end from the mounting flange. The screws are too long or they forgot to put washers in. Bump this thread so they can fix the issue and send the correct screws to customers!

I was hitting 112 C die temp and 96 C edge temp while gaming at 1080p, 60 fps, ultra settings in GR Breakpoint. This was the first sign that something was very wrong. I saw your thread and the youtube video and found the exact same problem. If there is no thermal contact, then the heat won't get out. Very sad quality control ASUS. Make it right and send the correct fasteners!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DMutt37 View Post
    I have the same problem. The heatsink is loose on the far end from the mounting flange. The screws are too long or they forgot to put washers in. Bump this thread so they can fix the issue and send the correct screws to customers!

I was hitting 112 C die temp and 96 C edge temp while gaming at 1080p, 60 fps, ultra settings in GR Breakpoint. This was the first sign that something was very wrong. I saw your thread and the youtube video and found the exact same problem. If there is no thermal contact, then the heat won't get out. Very sad quality control ASUS. Make it right and send the correct fasteners!
    This is definetly the last time i bought an ASUS GPU. I have always sticked with Sapphire and ASUS, guess its just Sapphire now...

ROG Junior Member Array scasn4 PC Specs
    scasn4 PC Specs
    Motherboardvii hero
    Processor2700x
    Memory (part number)32GB g-skills rgb 3200
    Graphics Card #1RX 5700 XT
    Storage #11tb crucial ssd
    Storage #22TB seagate 7200rpm
    CPU Coolerh150i
    Power Supplycx750

I can confirm changing the screws has dropped my junction temps by 16-18oc and overall at full load by as much as 20oc and the card feels more solid now