cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix G531GV there is alot of issue that I want to ask about my laptop

keyboardhouse
Level 7
first of all I have an ROG Strix G531GV and its only been 2 old months.

its all started when windows 10 download the update by itself (this is why I kinda hate about windows 10 auto update that forcing us to update the windows) if im not mistaken it was the KB4517389 and then after the update my laptop started to has a bluescreen issue.

after that issue I started to think to reset my windows 10, at first the bluscreen keep coming and then it gone, i dont know which part is wrong and been install the GPU driver over and over, Im not really good at this so I installed the DCH drivers for my nvidia and sure the esupport file also included the nvidia DCH driver both intel and nividia cuz there is no control panel from the driver installation and I need to download it by myself on microsoft store which is it also error (it said I already installed even I can download it and keep errror cannot download).

the last thing I realized the GPU Tweak 2 cannot recognized my nvidia and I also put the screenshot about it.
5 REPLIES 5

Nemesies
Level 7
I have the same problem. My laptop is already sent at warranty. My model is G531GU and they already told me they will change the motherboard, laptop is 1 month old, this is insane, i don't know what broke the motherboard/ gpu. I tried to fix this alone using all the recommended things on forums etc. https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2019_11/1758650489_Screenshot(1).png.ac3f392ddca354cf... (image of device manager error)

Nemesies wrote:
I have the same problem. My laptop is already sent at warranty. My model is G531GU and they already told me they will change the motherboard, laptop is 1 month old, this is insane, i don't know what broke the motherboard/ gpu. I tried to fix this alone using all the recommended things on forums etc. https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2019_11/1758650489_Screenshot(1).png.ac3f392ddca354cf... (image of device manager error)

Yep, almost the same with my 1day old G531GU laptop. Just got Blue screen of death and after that - not possible to boot it. Stucks on ROG logo all the time, doesn't matter what iam trying to do... Never hear of this kind of stuff before.. Pc it self looks/feels very nice and fast, but it works only 8~ hours and then you are cursed.. 😄

And the worst thing, that its impossible to find any info online, because it new laptop..

I know, I hope my laptop is ready until Friday, they had to order a new motherboard, idk when it will arrive, but after the repair is done i will try to get all the info they got in service for this issue, and make a new thread with what happend, what to do and what caused the issue...

Nemesies wrote:
I know, I hope my laptop is ready until Friday, they had to order a new motherboard, idk when it will arrive, but after the repair is done i will try to get all the info they got in service for this issue, and make a new thread with what happend, what to do and what caused the issue...

did you really just buy a new motherboard? same things happened to my laptop (another brand) trying to check the issue on the official service center and they told me to change the motherboard (it cost so much) so I try to solved it myself.

it was all caused by nvidia and been searching around on the internet I havent get any issue but somehow I find it that by installing the BIOS or updating the BIOS will fix the problem (if im not mistaken it was fix by another solution of different kind of issue) I cannot playing any games on nvidia gpu and even trying to adjust image settings on nvidia control panel end up in bluescreen so i tried to updating my BIOS and the issue was gone, I have no problem playing any games on nvidia gpu.

this is why I was thinking maybe by updating or downgrade my BIOS could help this issue (windows automatically updated my BIOS) but this one is differen for another laptop brand I just need to download the BIOS file and install it but this I need to put on the stick disk and still looking to how to upgrade the BIOS by myself.

keyboardhouse wrote:
did you really just buy a new motherboard? same things happened to my laptop (another brand) trying to check the issue on the official service center and they told me to change the motherboard (it cost so much) so I try to solved it myself.

it was all caused by nvidia and been searching around on the internet I havent get any issue but somehow I find it that by installing the BIOS or updating the BIOS will fix the problem (if im not mistaken it was fix by another solution of different kind of issue) I cannot playing any games on nvidia gpu and even trying to adjust image settings on nvidia control panel end up in bluescreen so i tried to updating my BIOS and the issue was gone, I have no problem playing any games on nvidia gpu.

this is why I was thinking maybe by updating or downgrade my BIOS could help this issue (windows automatically updated my BIOS) but this one is differen for another laptop brand I just need to download the BIOS file and install it but this I need to put on the stick disk and still looking to how to upgrade the BIOS by myself.

I tried every solution available on internet, didn't worked. Since is not my foult and I didn't broke any warranty rules, they will change my motherboard for free. Laptop is new.