cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ASUS Armoury Crate Replacing ASUS AURA?

katlani
Level 9
Hi all,

This just landed on my PRIME Z370-A motherboard support page:

Utilities

2019/10/30 2.38 MBytes
Armoury Crate Installer
Note: Please uninstall your existing AURA software before installing Armoury Crate.

*The most recent versions of the Aura software can still be downloaded from the aura sync website: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/global/download.html

It seems rather small to actually be replacing anything, though does it mean AURA support is gone for good, if its supposed to be migrated into Armoury Crate?

Thanks in advance.
19 REPLIES 19

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I ask.

be noted....

if you have aura. Please just uninstall. DO NOT USE cleaners.

I ask some questions and that i foresee these coming regarding if these is a update or a fix or both. as soon i have a reply from them, i will post something
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
I'm not going to install that rootkit level crap on my system. It's bad enough they push it through the bios and will now force that crap on systems to use AURA? I expect an updated standalone aura app, or i'll continue to use the outdated version or simply turn lighting off at the bios. Armory crate sucks.

liakou
Level 7
Looks like it as it appeared on the download section of my Crosshair VII X470 mobo, although I wonder, is it better to use instead of AURA in terms of system resources usage?
I don't own any Asus peripherals, just the mobo, my Strix gpu and some ARGB fans.

liakou wrote:
Looks like it as it appeared on the download section of my Crosshair VII X470 mobo, although I wonder, is it better to use instead of AURA in terms of system resources usage?
I don't own any Asus peripherals, just the mobo, my Strix gpu and some ARGB fans.

on idle is around 5.6% max 7%. and i am on multi color. still need more coding since use a little more power usage. but is getting better. At leas is one app, that takes out aura, livedash, rog armory, and have control on aio functions like mini fan and fans. But I use that direct on bios in order to have a view on speed on the oled. With these is 1 app. instead of 3. Now still have some issues but is getting there. Later will have fan control direct from bios and sound control. That will take half of the ai suite and take out the audio part and also gpu on the way future.

Unless you do not have a scope or strafe or gladius series (normal origin pink) or aio you can wait.But most these are all ready remove from the rogarmory.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
on idle is around 5.6% max 7%. and i am on multi color. still need more coding since use a little more power usage. but is getting better. At leas is one app, that takes out aura, livedash, rog armory, and have control on aio functions like mini fan and fans. But I use that direct on bios in order to have a view on speed on the oled. With these is 1 app. instead of 3. Now still have some issues but is getting there. Later will have fan control direct from bios and sound control. That will take half of the ai suite and take out the audio part and also gpu on the way future.

Unless you do not have a scope or strafe or gladius series (normal origin pink) or aio you can wait.But most these are all ready remove from the rogarmory.

So, necessary tool if you own ROG peripherals and AIO, but better with AURA in my case, since it's using less than 1% to control my rig's RGB and I'm not planning to ever get any ROG stuff. Dealing with AURA's problems all this time is already enough for me and it's the only Asus software that I install out of necessity for the leds.
Thank you for the input!

katlani
Level 9
Not planning on updating myself (still on AURA v1.06.17) but wondering if its indeed a replacement..

katlani wrote:
Not planning on updating myself (still on AURA v1.06.17) but wondering if its indeed a replacement..

You can wait if you like. is up to you. I am using it and learning myself the customization etc.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
I was getting 17% CPU usage on idle from Crate lightingservice with a custom sync made with creator - static white on LED strip, static red on CPU, MB, graphics card, and memory. Aura handled this with 0% CPU as it should. Went back to Aura 1.06.17 (newer Aura versions don't work in wwindows). Hope they fix both Aura and crate, but I don't hold much hope

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

srsbsns
Level 9
I noticed there is a bug where if you dont configure RGB then it will use more CPU on Idle. Go into the menu and pick a color and you will see the CPU usage drop to nothing.