cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G531GV - BSoD after windows update

keyboardhouse
Level 7
im having a bluescreen of death on my 2 old months laptop after windows updating itself and updating my BIOS by itself

I already posted it in General Discussion but this topic is a little bit different, im talking about the bluescreen code that coming into my laptop
been looking around on the internet and trying to keep myself to be positive I just thinking it all caused by drivers failure like not compatible or outdated drivers.
this is the worse issue I got from the gaming laptop I ever had (I had owned some gaming brands but this time is the worse)

here is some of the code that cannot take the pics when it happened :

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

actually for these code I have the pics but having the problem on uploading them or posting the imgur links to this thread.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

I dont bring my laptop to my local official ROG service center or ASUS service center cuz I have an experience that one of my laptop also got an BSOD error (error while running a program or games with Nvidia GPU) and they said I need to change the motherboard and it cost me alot of money (better buy a new one than getting a new motherboard) then I found out nowhere that I need to try to update my BIOS and it really fixed the problem no BSOD and working fine and dont need to drops so much money to get a new motherboard, and im scared that this will happened to my ROG like this laptop is build for gaming and even maybe could survive on overclocking and underclocking or undervolting and so overvolting (im not gonna doing this tho).
3 REPLIES 3

Insanitarius
Level 7
They really messed up with the update, I installed the bios/asus firmware update and my windows crashed for 30 times in a row. I tried system restore but it ended up corrupting my entire pc. I lost so much of my data, I really regret updating that firmware, never gonna install any updates from asus or windows, I disabled them altogether

Clintlgm
Level 14
keyboardhouse wrote:
im having a bluescreen of death on my 2 old months laptop after windows updating itself and updating my BIOS by itself

I already posted it in General Discussion but this topic is a little bit different, im talking about the bluescreen code that coming into my laptop
been looking around on the internet and trying to keep myself to be positive I just thinking it all caused by drivers failure like not compatible or outdated drivers.
this is the worse issue I got from the gaming laptop I ever had (I had owned some gaming brands but this time is the worse)

here is some of the code that cannot take the pics when it happened :

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

actually for these code I have the pics but having the problem on uploading them or posting the imgur links to this thread.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

I dont bring my laptop to my local official ROG service center or ASUS service center cuz I have an experience that one of my laptop also got an BSOD error (error while running a program or games with Nvidia GPU) and they said I need to change the motherboard and it cost me alot of money (better buy a new one than getting a new motherboard) then I found out nowhere that I need to try to update my BIOS and it really fixed the problem no BSOD and working fine and dont need to drops so much money to get a new motherboard, and im scared that this will happened to my ROG like this laptop is build for gaming and even maybe could survive on overclocking and underclocking or undervolting and so overvolting (im not gonna doing this tho).

I think if you want to try to solve this issue with the BSOD Codes you need to post to this Windows 10 forum

Not sure what you did but I find its only safe to update BIOS from within the BIOS using the flash tool there. I also download the BIOS file from Asus support Downloads. I download the Zip file and then extract it directly to the USB thumb Drive.

Windows update will update drivers which can cause lots of problems for us with gaming notebooks. I have Pro version so I just use gpedit to block driver updates. Then I only update driver intentionally knowing exactly why I'm updating any hardware drivers,

I also use Macrium Reflect Free, and create drive/SSD Images before allowing any windows updates or even myself updating driver, that way if anything goes wrong i can just restore the image and I'm back running as I was before screwing up my system in about 20 minutes or less
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I think if you want to try to solve this issue with the BSOD Codes you need to post to this Windows 10 forum

Not sure what you did but I find its only safe to update BIOS from within the BIOS using the flash tool there. I also download the BIOS file from Asus support Downloads. I download the Zip file and then extract it directly to the USB thumb Drive.

Windows update will update drivers which can cause lots of problems for us with gaming notebooks. I have Pro version so I just use gpedit to block driver updates. Then I only update driver intentionally knowing exactly why I'm updating any hardware drivers,

I also use Macrium Reflect Free, and create drive/SSD Images before allowing any windows updates or even myself updating driver, that way if anything goes wrong i can just restore the image and I'm back running as I was before screwing up my system in about 20 minutes or less

how did you update or downgrade the BIOS? I tried to extracted to my usb stick and still the BIOS cannot recognized my usb stick

I got the windows 10 home, my BIOS updated by itself (maybe by windows update itself) it was updated earlier than the asus drivers uploaded the latest BIOS update I dont know where Windows could get that up to date drivers that hasnt been release on the official drivers website.

thank you for responding my thread anyway, I just knew there is a forum for windows 10