ROG Member Array AMDGuru PC Specs
    AMDGuru PC Specs
    MotherboardGIGABYTE Z170X Gaming GT
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700k (Skylake)
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance Blue LED PC24,000 @ 3,000 MHz DDR 4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX ROG RX 480
    Graphics Card #2ASUS STRIX ROG RX 480
    MonitorASUS MG278Q 2k 144Hz - x2
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD - 256GB (Active)
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD - 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H105
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D - The greatest case EVER from Corsair
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional Series Platinum AX860i
    Keyboard GIGABYTE Force K7 Stealth Gaming with LED
    Mouse GIGABYTE M6980X with LED
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC66U

Core i9 9900KS

I just purchased the parts I need for a new build. I'm running a 9900KS and a Z390 Maximus XI Formula. This is my first ever ASUS motherboard, so I'm not familiar with the BIOS. I still need to build the system, but was hoping people here could help me with the overclocking and power settings. My questions relate to the PL2, TAU, VCCIO and Vcore settings. Also, the AVX offset. Anyone who could help me with the BIOS settings related to these settings, that would be greatly appreciated. Before I install the OS, I just want to make sure the BIOS settings are correct.

I'm not sure how the 9900KS will be different from the 9900k, but I'm sure there are very experienced overclockers here that can help me. I'm new to overclocking and want to learn.

I will play Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and want to know how to turn off six of the cores and overclock the other two. I'm hoping to achieve 5.2 GHz on those two cores. I'm using the ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 AIO cooler and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for cooling. Again, any help will be so appreciated. Thanks

#ROGbuilds
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Parts for the new build - 2019.jpg  

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

You dont need to turn off the cores, On the main page you have the option to over clock bby the core and just leave the remaining cores at base speed. Your enemies in acheiving higher clocks are always the same. Silicon lottery and heat.
    What are you using for cooling?
    For AVX start with 3 and AVX 512 at 5. You can lower those later but they wont make a difference unless you are using one of those work loads.
    Vcore is all trial and error and again highly dependent on cooling. Dont think you would want to go past 1.3V under any circumstance unless you have a good chiller or LN2 or equally crazy. To my knowledge the Ks is just a better binned k with higher stock clocks. they even say getting to 5.0 is dependent on cooling and not guaranteed but hey, My 9840 wasnt supposed to make 5.0 either but Im running an overkill loop with ample heat removal.

ROG Enthusiast Array

You don't need to disable cores. People only do this for things like Super Pi and other world records usually. Disabling cores won't help you at all.
    What you want to do is disable hyper-threading. This is what helps more than anything else.

The 9900KS should be able to do 5.2 ghz at a very reasonable voltage (1.35v set in BIOS, fixed, with Level 5 loadline calibration (my recommendation). Level 5 LLC has better transient response than level 6 LLC, which can actually make you stable at a slightly "lower" true load voltage. I say you aim for that, since I think the average 9900KS should be able to game stable (even if it's not prime95 stable) at 5.2 ghz, 1.35v bios set, with Level 5 loadline calibration.

If you have stability issues, instead of trying level 6 Loadline calibration (LLC), try disabling hyperthreading. This will have a 100% chance of getting you stable in ghost recon at 5.2 ghz, 1.350v LLC5. You may even be able to do 5.3 ghz at this setting (might require a little luck).

ROG Enthusiast Array edrickjk PC Specs
    edrickjk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)F4-4266C19-8GTZKW 8gbx4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti GAMING OC 11G
    MonitorAcer predator X34P
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2WDC WDS512G1X0C-00ENX0
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity
    CasePhantek Enthoo Luxe 2
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000I
    Keyboard Razer blackwidow x chroma
    Mouse Razer mamba wireless
    Headset SteelSeries arctis pro wireless
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Control Extended
    Headset/Speakers Razer nommo chroma
    OS window 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC-5300

Anything under 1.4v is safe,but will generate heat.Considering your cpu is binned you should technically be able to do bellow 1.3v. Start with stock setting run bench like prime95, several run of cinebench ect to make a base line. If your temperature are ok and everything seems stable go ahead wit your oc

Then i would fo 5 all core, avx 0, sviid{typical},load line calibration to 5 or 6,multi core enhancement off, set your vcore to 1.3v. Lower the voltage in .5 increment until it start to get unstable ,back up a notch then.

When everything is stable then start to work on the ,vccio ,cpu cache ratio ect.At this point usually i like to start working on the ram.

When everything work fine i would start to aim for 5.2 .

Dont install ai suite, you can control your fan setting directly in the bios,for monitoring hwinfo64 will work like a charm.

Just as a suggestion this vrm can be water cooled,i would consider custom loop or modifying your aio to include it down the road.
    Last edited by edrickjk; 11-03-2019 at 03:41 AM.

ROG Member Array AMDGuru PC Specs
    AMDGuru PC Specs
    MotherboardGIGABYTE Z170X Gaming GT
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700k (Skylake)
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance Blue LED PC24,000 @ 3,000 MHz DDR 4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX ROG RX 480
    Graphics Card #2ASUS STRIX ROG RX 480
    MonitorASUS MG278Q 2k 144Hz - x2
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD - 256GB (Active)
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD - 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H105
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D - The greatest case EVER from Corsair
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional Series Platinum AX860i
    Keyboard GIGABYTE Force K7 Stealth Gaming with LED
    Mouse GIGABYTE M6980X with LED
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC66U

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm still waiting on my cables from CableMod, but then I can build this badboy. This info will help me a lot I'm sure. Thanks!!!!!

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

5.1 at 1.35 is pretty typical...good cooling and a bit of luck will get 5.2...maybe up to 1.38v...

Lottery win will get 5.3

The thermals are better than K...

Turn off hyperthreading if you dont need it...pretty much guaranteed 5.2 all core OC
    Last edited by Arne Saknussemm; 11-14-2019 at 06:49 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AMDGuru View Post
    I just purchased the parts I need for a new build. I'm running a 9900KS and a Z390 Maximus XI Formula. This is my first ever ASUS motherboard, so I'm not familiar with the BIOS. I still need to build the system, but was hoping people here could help me with the overclocking and power settings. My questions relate to the PL2, TAU, VCCIO and Vcore settings. Also, the AVX offset. Anyone who could help me with the BIOS settings related to these settings, that would be greatly appreciated. Before I install the OS, I just want to make sure the BIOS settings are correct.

I'm not sure how the 9900KS will be different from the 9900k, but I'm sure there are very experienced overclockers here that can help me. I'm new to overclocking and want to learn.

I will play Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and want to know how to turn off six of the cores and overclock the other two. I'm hoping to achieve 5.2 GHz on those two cores. I'm using the ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 AIO cooler and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for cooling. Again, any help will be so appreciated. Thanks

#ROGbuilds

What I wanna know is what’s the car head unit for??..*