cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NahimicAPISvc64.exe UAC Twice at Startup / Armoury Complet Fail

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Armoury Crate has stopped working, really, altogether--except if you want to make a game purchase. Armoury II does nothing either. Armoury crate fails with updates it says are needed. It just gets errors when trying to get devices on board for lighting control and LED functionality. Lighting control on my pricey Ryujin and pricey ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega lighting and LED have been completely lost.

And now this, at startup today. NahimicAPISvc64.exe UAC asking if you want to allow this app from an "unknown publisher" (Asus?) to make changes to your device? Microsoft people say this is a virus, lol. Asus a virus?!? Well, maybe not but the software is about as good as one.

Is it time to abandon Asus software altogether? Livedash, also, does nothing now. I'm thinking okay, this pricey pair of a motherboard and Ryujin cooler have these fancy features, but it is time to forget about them. Asus is never gonna get its act together with its software. They do not respond at customer service about the problems, either. I guess they have more important things to do, like polishing their nails, lol.
3 REPLIES 3

RVALDES23
Level 7
I'm having the same exact problem. all of my aura enabaled devices and compatible aura sync devices no longer work. Honestly this is completely unacceptable for the p rice point for these products. I was very pleased with building my system this past July. Four months later I have this software issue? I hope Asus pushes out a fix fast. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Super Gnome wrote:
Armoury Crate has stopped working, really, altogether--except if you want to make a game purchase. Armoury II does nothing either. Armoury crate fails with updates it says are needed. It just gets errors when trying to get devices on board for lighting control and LED functionality. Lighting control on my pricey Ryujin and pricey ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega lighting and LED have been completely lost.

And now this, at startup today. NahimicAPISvc64.exe UAC asking if you want to allow this app from an "unknown publisher" (Asus?) to make changes to your device?

Is it time to abandon Asus software altogether? Livedash, also, does nothing now. I'm thinking okay, this pricey pair of a motherboard and Ryujin cooler have these fancy features, but it is time to forget about them. Asus is never gonna get its act together with its software. They do not respond at customer service about the problems, either. I guess they have more important things to do, like polishing their nails, lol.

Follow scrupulously the ROG SS3 (FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL) tutorial/drivers here : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

RVALDES23 wrote:
I'm having the same exact problem. all of my aura enabaled devices and compatible aura sync devices no longer work. Honestly this is completely unacceptable for the p rice point for these products. I was very pleased with building my system this past July. Four months later I have this software issue? I hope Asus pushes out a fix fast. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Follow scrupulously the ROG SS3-DTS (FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL) tutorial/drivers here : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

1mluer
Level 11
it loads 2 versions of this software .. a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version and yes the uac is annoying.. I just went into the task manager unders startup, right click both nahimic services and disabled them. I don't use head sets anyway.. my problem was solved.

NahimicAPISvc64.exe UAC Twice at Startup
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!