cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers problem with maximus extreme xi

trudnicki2506
Level 7
hello everyone I am having a problem installing chipset driver. I have downloaded drivers for chipset and i have also tried to use armory crate without luck. Device manager still shows that sm bridge and pci device drivers are missing
12 REPLIES 12

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Don't use Armory Crate, it's buggy since they integrated Aura control. As for the chipset drivers, install the Intel ME firmware first which is found in the BIOS Tab on the support page. Then install the Intel INF Chipset drivers and the ME drivers. If you still can't install the Chipset drivers then use default BIOS settings and unplug any devices that isn't needed for Windows Installation like extra hard drives (extra NVMe drives) and any USB devices (Like Webcams and audio devices,etc). Also use secure boot.

Jesseinsf wrote:
Don't use Armory Crate, it's buggy since they integrated Aura control. As for the chipset drivers, install the Intel ME firmware first which is found in the BIOS Tab on the support page. Then install the Intel INF Chipset drivers and the ME drivers. If you still can't install the Chipset drivers then use default BIOS settings and unplug any devices that isn't needed for Windows Installation like extra hard drives (extra NVMe drives) and any USB devices (Like Webcams and audio devices,etc). Also use secure boot.

why secure boot Do you are on the company? aside that there is a reason for it?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
why secure boot Do you are on the company? aside that there is a reason for it?

Actually, Secure Boot prevents malicious software from booting if it changes or installs its own boot sector. Plus if the boot sector was changed by malicious software, Secure boot can then repair the changes. You can always turn it off if you want.

Jesseinsf wrote:
Don't use Armory Crate, it's buggy since they integrated Aura control. ...

I agree. It took me at least 1 hour to uninstall all the Aura bloatware that Armoury Crate installed including a deep registry clean.

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
it was buggy from the start and has rootkit level behavior. That **** shouldn't be pushed through the bios. I just grabbed the IME drivers, then downloaded the intel support assistant to let it grab the chipset, wifi and bluetooth drivers. Asus always lags behind on those

trudnicki2506
Level 7
Thank You all for help problem is solved. I got now bigger one with bluetooth. I have denon envaya it works perfect with my asus laptop ROG G55JW. but it does not work well with my desktop. It works only very close to motherboard. my specs are
MB: Maximus extreme XI bios 1302
CPU: intel I9-9900k
Graphics: ASUS STRIX RTX 2070 OC
Mem: 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator
Audio: SB Creative AE-5
2X Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB Inserted via DiMM
Cooling NZXT Kraken x72
Case: TT View 91 TG

when i move speaker around case with opened glass panels it does not work on a top of it at all/ cooling radiator with fans is there/ at sides close to mb it works well. When moved away more then half meter it stops to work. What can it be ? is it possible that bluetooth is somehow damaged ? how to diagnose the problem ?

trudnicki2506@gmail.com wrote:
when i move speaker around case with opened glass panels it does not work on a top of it at all/ cooling radiator with fans is there/ at sides close to mb it works well. When moved away more then half meter it stops to work. What can it be ? is it possible that bluetooth is somehow damaged ? how to diagnose the problem ?

We should start with the basic question: Did you connect the Wi-Fi antenna to the motherboard?

dingo99 wrote:
We should start with the basic question: Did you connect the Wi-Fi antenna to the motherboard?

nope i dont use wifi i am on cable always

trudnicki2506@gmail.com wrote:
nope i dont use wifi i am on cable always

That is your problem. The WiFi antenna also responsible for bluetooth. You have to connect the antenna, if you want to use bluetooth!