cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v2.5.6.0 TUF Gaming PLUS (WIFI) - Cannot open the Motherboard settings

Campblor
Level 7
So when my 3700x, TUF Gaming x570 and RAM arrived I was excited and also thought finally some RGB to play with. Been a couple of months working fine then I notice the LEDS would all turn off and then back on a few seconds later. Opened up Armory Crate to try check the settings and my motherboard and ARGB Header are no where to be found. I had to uninstall every ASUS program (apart from AI Suite), Delete the left over programdata/files folders and the junk in the Registry to finally get my LEDs working again.

But now when my rig is in sleep or powered off it's gone back to the default rainbow barf on the RGB strip below the SATA ports. I had it a breathing red (which looked sick) I think the setting for that is under the device and not within the aura sync panel. But...I get:

XML format error. Please restart your system (Status:404 QueryMBdevice)

Rebooted, no avail. Is this XML somewhere that I can try recreate?
3 REPLIES 3

Re
Level 10
Campblor wrote:
So when my 3700x, TUF Gaming x570 and RAM arrived I was excited and also thought finally some RGB to play with. Been a couple of months working fine then I notice the LEDS would all turn off and then back on a few seconds later. Opened up Armory Crate to try check the settings and my motherboard and ARGB Header are no where to be found. I had to uninstall every ASUS program (apart from AI Suite), Delete the left over programdata/files folders and the junk in the Registry to finally get my LEDs working again.

But now when my rig is in sleep or powered off it's gone back to the default rainbow barf on the RGB strip below the SATA ports. I had it a breathing red (which looked sick) I think the setting for that is under the device and not within the aura sync panel. But...I get:

XML format error. Please restart your system (Status:404 QueryMBdevice)

Rebooted, no avail. Is this XML somewhere that I can try recreate?

well uninstall crate and reinstall it with the webinstaller again, after that do a cmos clear.*

Re@per wrote:
well uninstall crate and reinstall it with the webinstaller again, after that do a cmos clear.*

No improvement apart from losing the ability to control the ARGB header for about 5 minutes.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Armoury Crate died. To make matters worse, the customer service chat people left me in line as number 2 in line for about an hour and a half without connecting me when I queued up to get help about it. Then I got disconnected with a button to press to stay in line that did not work. I guess they can't be bothered telling me to simply uninstall it because it died, but that is my impression. Let's face it, the software and customer service people at Asus have more important things to do. After all, they have nails to polish so they look good.

On the other hand, maybe it has to do with a flagging global economy and trade tariffs, to boot. That would be my guess.