cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370 Crosshair HERO VI Warranty Length

IonstormEU
Level 7
Hi Folks.

Was the CH6 Warranty Period the 3 years as advertised?

The TUF Series get 5 years but are vastly cheaper. So not sure how a cheapo board gets more warranty than a top of the line one.

If it's only 3 years then I'm pretty annoyed - so should everyone else buying their top tier boards.

Also been trying to contact Tech Support / Warranty but the website is an absolute monster of a mess.
2 REPLIES 2

RedSector73
Level 12
It hard to see this as an issue for me, apart from the fact that I've not needed (since launch) to claim a warranty on this board, ACL protects me and is even specially referenced by ASUS. Your own consumer laws may as well.

"Australia statement notice
From 1 January 2012 updated warranties apply to all ASUS products, consistent with the Australian Consumer Law. For the latest product warranty details please visit http://www.asus.com/support/Search/Warranty/ Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure."

IonstormEU
Level 7
Well the warranty is only 3 years for the CH6. Which is bloody disgusting that the top of the line Crosshair boards only get 3 and the TUF Boards get 5!

Anyway ASUS have pretty much spat their dummies out and expect amazon to take care of their warranty at the 2 1/2 year mark! So if this was a TUF Board they would expect amazon to deal with the return replacement of a nearly 5 year old board possibly.

HOW can you expect a normal retailer to deal with that?! Some small computer shop would get shafted with this!

Anyway, very slow / poor support - dumping it on Amazon feels a bit bad. And it's taken a phone call and a copy of the email to get amazon to get remotely close to considering taking the board back.