cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Asus Gamefirst V] How to adjust the Up-/Download speed?!

Ezermoth
Level 8
Hello Friends!

Recently, I upgraded my PC and have chosen an Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Mainboard.
Everything runs smoothly, but I have a big problem with Gamefirst V. My internet connection speed is 250 Mbp/s download and around 12 Mbp/s upload (actually measured). However, with Gamefirst V my internet speed is heavily cut down (to 16 Mbp/s download and 8 Mbp/s upload).

I already found out, that the little running man symbol "unlocks" the speed for one category. Though, I'd like to adjust the overall speeds! Right now, I always have to exit Gamefirst V everytime I close my game and do other stuff, which is really annoying. And while gaming, I have to decide between fast (unlocked) game category or stream/webbrowser.

How can I change the 16 & 8 Mbp/s which seem to be default in Gamefirst V?

I'd be glad for every help 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

Ezermoth
Level 8
Does really noone have this kind of issue? 😞

GOLiathus
Level 7
i have the same issue, not sure why though, im not even sure if its a feature of the software???

Nox01
Level 7
Ezermoth wrote:
Hello Friends!

Recently, I upgraded my PC and have chosen an Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Mainboard.
Everything runs smoothly, but I have a big problem with Gamefirst V. My internet connection speed is 250 Mbp/s download and around 12 Mbp/s upload (actually measured). However, with Gamefirst V my internet speed is heavily cut down (to 16 Mbp/s download and 8 Mbp/s upload).

I already found out, that the little running man symbol "unlocks" the speed for one category. Though, I'd like to adjust the overall speeds! Right now, I always have to exit Gamefirst V everytime I close my game and do other stuff, which is really annoying. And while gaming, I have to decide between fast (unlocked) game category or stream/webbrowser.

How can I change the 16 & 8 Mbp/s which seem to be default in Gamefirst V?

I'd be glad for every help 🙂

I have the exactly same issue... my opionion is that software is bugged and those textboxes are write protected. Is possibile to have any clarification about that?

Nox01 wrote:
I have the exactly same issue... my opionion is that software is bugged and those textboxes are write protected. Is possibile to have any clarification about that?

+1 same problem

dfg555
Level 8
Please fix this, kinda pointless. Don't want to shell out for NetLimiter...

you can go to the user Defined tab and unlock all the speeds for web stream and extra so you can switch between them when you game go to game profile when you finish gaming go to user defined , hope it's clear now, and btw this doesn't limit the speed over your PC only it controls the internet over the router

brantgurga
Level 7
On the Dashboard tab, it'll show you the list of applications using network. Hover over a row and the first item is the classification of that application which can be changed. Steam for example is usually downloading, so its default classification is File Transfer, but Railroads Online and possibly other games use Steam for networking too. So either the classification needs changed to a higher priority one or the priority needs individually changed. The second item is the priority so you can change something from Low to Medium, High, or Extreme. The running man you mentioned is Extreme.

SignedAdam
Level 9
the op / poster wishes to know how to change the values not change the priority, numbers are listed with in the program however they can not be changed, which makes the program pretty useless, i hope it gets updated because rog first doesn't also work if you're router is in secure only mode (https)

i fixed mine by closing/exit asus gamefirst V in the taskbar, hope it helps.