Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post
    The short answer to completely and cleanly remove Armoury Crate. Do a new clean Windows install.

I spent hours searching, removing files. Googling things running in task manager after uninstalling it. And I was unable to completely and cleanly remove it.
    I suspected as much! I cant belive ASUS woud release such an aweful piece of software to replace the Aura Software. A massive step backwards!

ROG Member Array

I did suspect I may have to do a clean install. Another quick question. Asus Armoury always boots up with my motherboard/lightigon one static color if I select another Effect type like Rainbow or Color Cycle, until Windows 10 is fully booted up and then it reverts to applied Color Effect? Is this normal? I am so dissapointed with Asus Armory lol.

New ROGer Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XII Apex
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)BLM2K8G51C19U4B
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX2080TI FE
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia RTX2080TI FE
    MonitorPredator X27
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    CPU CoolerOptimus Signature V2
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Quote Originally Posted by VGAglory View Post
    I suspected as much! I cant belive ASUS woud release such an aweful piece of software to replace the Aura Software. A massive step backwards!
    The Asus UEFI firmware exposes an ACPI table to Windows 10, called "WPBT" or "Windows Platform Binary Table". WPBT is used in the pre-built OEM industry, and is referred to as "the Vender's Rootkit." put simply, the script that makes Windows copy data from the BIOS to the System32 folder on the machine and execute it during Windows startup - every single time the system is booted, this binary is a native, user-mode application that is executed by the Windows Session Manager during operating system initialization. Which means "before all other programs, with administrative privileges". This gives pretty much full control over everything, including protected folders and the registry.

Deleting the files (and/or the service) simply restores them at the next reboot.

Clicking "cancel" in the first instance of the pop-up doesn't end the service, which keeps running in the background until you manually disable it (and it comes back at next reboot).

The only way you can ensure the files stay deleted is by disabling the "ASUS Armoury Crate" option in the UEFI setup program, which disables the ACPI-WPBT table.

By default, the ASUS UEFI setup program has the download and install Armoury Crate app option enabled.

Enter BIOS and disable Armoury Crate app before performing new clean Windows 10 install.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200127162709.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	83917
    Last edited by Braegnok; 01-27-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2