Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    New ROGer Array kiotaya PC Specs
    kiotaya PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950x
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 128GB (8 x 16GB)
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog-Strix-RTX2080S-A8G-Gaming
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus ROG PG27AQ
    Storage #12 of Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD
    Storage #24TB Western Digital Green
    CPU CoolerEKWB RGB pump, GPU and CPU RGB waterblock.
    CaseThermaltake View 71
    Power SupplyThermaltake iRGB Plus1050w
    Keyboard Razer Basilisk Ultimate
    Mouse Corsair M65Elite
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 4 EKWB 140mm RGB PWM Fans.
    Accessory #2 5 Thermaltake 140mm Riing Plus
    Accessory #3 Assorted ARGB LED's

Same issue different board.

I have the Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha (v2001 is the only bios). I uninstalled/reinstalled Armory Crate multiple times with REVO uninstaller. I followed every fix I could find on the internet and this forum. Nothing worked, things just got worse. At this point, "Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha Hal" will not update. In "Device", when I click on my motherboard I get a message that I need to update to continue. I click on check update and it brings me to the Update Center where it says that the Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha Hal needs to be updated. As I said earlier this will not update. If I go to Aura Sync it tells me I need to update and go to the Update Center... Before this nonsense, my mobo, gpu, ram and led's stopped showing in Aura Sync. This is the most expensive computer I have built. I used Asus this time, because everyone said their hardware is great. I have never been more disappointed in my life. I got the RGB experience so the software is a very important factor. Now my computer only does this ugly wavy rainbow thing (/cry). Any other suggestions? Reinstalling windows is a nuclear option and I am not quite there yet.

New ROGer Array phoinixtk PC Specs
    phoinixtk PC Specs
    MotherboardTUF B450-PLUS GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 2600 6x 3,4GHz
    Memory (part number)2x DDR4- 8GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce GTX 1070 OC

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolfCalgary View Post
    Hi all. I had the same problem with Armoury Crate not recognizing devices and unable to control RGB. I tried all of the fixes above and nothing worked. I read somewhere that you should just to turn off the power supply and unplug it. Then press the on button, wait for a bit and plug it back in and start it up. Well it worked, it recognized my my motherboard and I was back in business. Hope this helps.
    Thaaaaaaaaaank you! Finally i soolved that. I can after a year control my LEDS again...

Next Problem: Now in armoury crate under updates i can not update the device kit for my motherboard...

ROG Enthusiast Array N00b1nat0r PC Specs
    N00b1nat0r PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel I7 4930K
    Memory (part number)CMD32GX3M4A2133C9
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    MonitorAsus 23" 3D + 2x Dell 24"
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerASUS Strix LC 120
    CaseAntec 1200 V3
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platnum
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-68u

So much headaches caused by Armory Crate, Arua Sync...

So with updates to the softwares its FUBAR'd my RGBs on both ASUS 1070 Strix OC's and my Strix LC 120.

I managed to get Aura Sync working after uninstalling everything ASUS (Had AI Suit 2 installed now lost that) and still having issues with Armory Crate seeing the LC 120.

I also am having update issues within Armory Crate, mainly with the LC HAL Update...

The sooner they get this all into ICUE the better!
    Antec 1200, Asus Rampage IV Formula, EVGA 1300w PSU, Intel i7 4930K, ASUS Strix LC 120 Cooler, Asus 1070 OC 8gb X2, 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz DDR3 Quad Channel RAM, Samsung Evo SSD 500gb x2, Samsung Evo SSD 250gb , 2 x WD Velociraptor, Windows 10 Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array Nino_1973 PC Specs
    Nino_1973 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX 32GB
    Graphics Card #1AREZ-STRIX-RXVEGA56-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS VG278Q Gaming-Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 GB M2
    Storage #2Western Digital 1TB
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360
    CasePHANTEKS ENTHOO EVOLV X GLASS
    Power Supplybe quiet! Power Zone 850W - 80 Plus Bronze
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ROG Gladius II Origin
    Headset ROG Strix Fusion 500
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers ROG Strix Fusion 500
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterFritzbox 7590
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 Creative Sound BlasterX Kratos S5 2.1
    Accessory #3 Logitech C922 Webcam Streaming

Hiii hello have rampage VI Extreme with windows 10 pro I replaced the cpu and ssd I reinstalled everything but with armory create something wrong I put the screens on it I don't understand if I have the rog theme because it gives me the TUF theme, I have uninstalled the program many times I have also installed the system but nothing, can someone tell me what to do
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Cattura3.PNG  

Cattura4.PNG  

New ROGer Array

No devices in Aura sync and unable to open device pages

Hi.

Lets start with me having ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard and ROG Gladius II and ROG Claymore.

IF YOU ARE FACING ISSUES WITH INSTALLING HAL ON DEVICES / DEVICES NOT SHOWING IN AURA SYNC / DEVICE PAGES UNACCESSABLE ONLY YOU SHOULD START TRYING BELOW ON STEP 5 (refer step 4 that Armoury Crate is just installed and unable to install required devices with Settings -> Update Center). I believe that this alone solves these problems and it is not necessary to do full uninstallation and manual registry cleaning.

I have had issues with Asus software before but not anything like this. So about week ago all my RGB were staying on green light and Motherboard leds were dark. Tried to fix this by opening Armoury Crate but I couldn't access any devices there and Aura sync was displaying "no devices found". Tried to uninstall all Asus with regular "Add or remove programs". After this installed Armoury Crate back, but now I was having even more issues. Could not install all parts with Armoury Crate Settings -> Update Center and still not able to open devices.

Started reading these forums and figuring this out. Seems that lot of people still having issues so thought it wouldn't hurt to update here. I managed to get everything working after hours and hours uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting files and deleting Windows registry keys. Now I could do this a lot faster because I would know what to do from the start.

Firstly I learned that leds are actually controlled by mobo chip and not only by the software. I got mobo leds and all RGB stuff back alive after unplugging my PSU for a while. Apparently this resets the chip. Leds went to rainbow setting which is default setting. Made some progress, but I'm still unable to control any of my RGB and unable to access any device page so I'm unable to change mouse DPI and so on.

At this point I started uninstalling Asus apps with Revo uninstaller and messing around with registry. Loooooooong story short I was always unable to fully install Armoury Crate back even after uninstalling with Revo and deleting registry keys.

Here is what I finally did to get everything working perfectly. I should have started with this but I didn't even have smallest clue what I was getting into.

1. Delete everything related to Asus with Revo uninstaller so you can scan registry and files after every part. Delete all registry keys left behind and also delete all folders and files left behind.

2. Start windows in safe mode and delete all Asus folders in Program Files folders and from Programdata and from Appdata etc. I basically deleted all folders saying Asus.

3. Still in safe mode I went through whole registry searching "Asus" (tick the box saying "Match whole string only" so you won't get hit with hundreds of lines including text "RunAsUser") and deleting all keys clearly related to Asus Armoury. I left keys what I thought could be related to something else, mobo information, system info etc. Feel free to delete all lines relating "\Program Files\Asus\" and "ASUS Aura" and "Asus ... HAL" and don't delete anything you are not sure about. There were a lot of these lines and I believe that you don't have to delete all of these but I wanted to make sure that next install would be clean.

4. Restart computer normally, without safe mode. Reinstall latest Armoury Crate. Installation seems to be fine but I'm still unable to install HAL for all my devices.

5. Went to Event Viewer and was reading application log. There I did find what HAL install is actually trying to do and it was apparently failing because devices are still installed somewhere. For example I received lines from source "System Restore" only and nothing from actual installation.

In application log you can find this when installing HAL for Gladius II: "Skipping creation of restore point (Process = C:\WINDOWS\Temp\{866A89E2-597B-4A92-B271-89E6EF7C7269}\.be\AacMouseSetup.exe -q -burn.elevated BurnPipe.{9792DA3A-CAC2-4527-9A43-1B30F7FABDE7} {FF50E302-64DB-457A-9F3E-BBC5182AF51B} 20332; Description = ASUS Mouse HAL) as there is a restore point avaliable which is recent enough for System Restore."

You cannot install this because it exists from previous install.

6. Go into C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and search for "AacMouseSetup.exe". You will find a match and start the installer. Since it is already installed the installer will unistall instead.

7. Go back to Armoury Crate and now you can indeed install HAL for device which was failing before.

8. Repeat this to all devices that are failing HAL installation.

9. Enjoy! All devices are visible in Aura sync after restarting Armoury Crate and now you should have access to device pages.

This worked for me and hopefully to someone else too. I'm wondering how this software can be such garbage that users have to do a huge work to uninstall this software. I saw one post saying that Asus is developing Armoury Crate uninstall tool, cant wait for it.

TL;DR Start with step 5, if no luck start from step 1.
    I will never buy Asus again. This is not OK.
    Hopefully this helps someone.

// nomyn

Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.6.0
    ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
    AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
    Armoury Crate lite service 3.1.5
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.14
    ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.68.0
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.27
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.27
    AURA DRAM Component 1.0.54
    Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
    Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Caverpillar View Post
    I've just pressed F to respect. My bug is still here, what a shame... At this point, I think Asus software situation won't be better, I'm really sad to leave Rog family soon, but we work hard to buy elite products, they MUST work like a charm.
    I apologize for my English, this is not my native language, so I use google translate, but I want to share how I solved the problem. I installed the Revounninstaller program, through it I uninstalled the all armory applications, during uninstallation, the revounninstaller program will offer to clean the registry, and so there you need to check all the boxes and delete, everything that it prompts to delete must be deleted, thereby cleaning the registry. Next, we reboot the PC, install armory again and reboot again, after that rgb/devices began to work for me.

it is probably also worth noting that before I started doing all this, I first disconnected the computer from the electricity, waited 5 minutes and then began to carry out these actions described above
    Last edited by Monolithxxx; 10-21-2020 at 03:04 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hi all. I had the same problem with Armoury Crate not recognizing devices and unable to control RGB. I tried all of the fixes above and nothing worked. I read somewhere that you should just to turn off the power supply and unplug it. Then press the on button, wait for a bit and plug it back in and start it up. Well it worked, it recognized my my motherboard and I was back in business. Hope this helps.
    One day, Armoury Crate just stopped controlling the RGB lighting on my Z490 board and RAM. The devices were no longer present in the Armoury Crate software. I switched off the power to my PSU for a few minutes, and ... Voila!! Everything started working again. Props to Grey Wolf for discovering this simple fix.

New ROGer Array

RGB not working.

I got an ROG Strix G513QM. The RGB just stopped working. I tried restarting, shut down then power on, and even disconnecting the RGB through armory crate. Nothing worked. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ROG Member Array RiotMode PC Specs
    RiotMode PC Specs
    MotherboardZ390-E Strix Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 1080 TI
    MonitorDELL 27''/4K - 210 ADVO
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 860
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 970 EVO
    CPU CoolerEK Water Cooling - Custom Loop
    CaseLian Li 011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyHX 1200W Corsair
    Keyboard Apple Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad none
    Headset/Speakers Teufel Concept C
    OS Windows 10 - 21H1

OMG , that helped. THANK YOU!!!!
    I wish someday Asus RGB Software works as expected.

ROG Member Array

I have a Dark Hero VIII and armory crate just won't find it anymore. I updated and it just is not there. I've checked in the bios and aura is set to be enabled.
    I tried the power cycling trick others outlined and it doesn't work.
    I updated the BIOS in hopes it would fix whatever weird aura store happened on the mobo but nothing.

I don't really know what to do.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled crate countless times now.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast