Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Enthusiast Array npapanik PC Specs
    npapanik PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus PRIME X470-PRO
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3600
    Memory (part number)Corsair VENGEANCE LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RX VEGA56
    MonitorDell SE2717H
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo 500Gb
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    Casebequiet! Dark Base 700
    Power SupplyCoolermaster Silent Pro M850W
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014
    Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
    Headset Razer Electra v2 USB
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterSynology RT2600ac

Quote Originally Posted by darkspr1te View Post
    How to Fix ROG Aura Sync not seeing other devices :-

Before carrying out this fix remove existing Aura & Aura Service (lightingservice) via control panel,

goto your current lightingservice installer folder, open command prompt in the aac folder (I used LightingService 1.07.60)

The following fix is used if the VGA rgb is not showing as a example, the same fix applies to all missing devices, only the GUID you look for is different and the exe you run,

In command prompt do :-

Follow the screen prompts,
    Now if you get a Error when trying to install this is good, it mean this is the cause of the issue.
    Open log.txt in a text editor

in log .txt look for detected related package , copy the GUID with out { and } and then load regedit

in regedit edit click CTRL+f for search , paste the first GUID listed as "Detected Related package' in to search ,
    Delete each occurrence of that GUID,
    When you get to the end do the same with any other GUID listed in log.txt

Once you have removed the GUID install ID's for the hardware not showing repeat the above install procedue with a new log file eg:-

if i was doing Motherboard drivers for example and have already removed the GUID's (example guid 0E536061-3B55-4D45-BF58-0BDA261C94B0 )
    I will now re-install the drivers from the same driver pack (eg stick with drivers from one version)

open the new log file and make sure it does not say "Detected related package" anywhere, if it does then repeat the GUID deleting with the listed GUID from the log file, only ones next to "Detected related package" ,

The reason the system cannot find other Aura sync devices is because of mis-matched drivers being installed ,
    Version 1.05 and 1.06 don't use this driver method so lightingserver.exe reports the correct hardware but wont accept input from Armoury crate but will from Aura application,

Fix for Blocked Exe warning, cannot uninstall warning
    driver version 1.07.22/1.07.35/1.07.35/1.07.57 are not signed so windows will not allow you to run the executable(Do not install these versions) , you will get a blocked file warning,
    to fix this :-
    Click windows key and type command prompt, right click on command prompt and select run as administrator ,
    in prompt type

and then click programs/uninstall programs and then remove Aura and Arua Service

close control panel.

I have been able to apply this fix repeatably to many systems, You have to make sure to remove all the guid's for the drivers in aac folder one by one, once removed you can install that driver pack normally and upgrade normally.

Removing the GUID allows the wix installer to overwrite newer versions with the older one which normally does not happen resulting in mis-matched versions between drivers (the drivers in aac folder not the Lightingserver which talks to those drivers)
    Once you have reinstalled your working Aura sync and checked it's showing your devices then you can install armoury crate utility from Asus site.

Couple Of notes:
    Once you have removed all the Aac based drivers you can reboot, this should flush lighting service out but I have applied the fix many times without and it functioned right away, no reboot.

You can delete the Lastprofile.xml before installing Aura (which in turn installs lightingservice) , when you install Aura this file should reappear, it's a text file you can open and it should list all your devices found, this is a after effect file and has no bearing on what the system sees so replacing this file with one from a working system fixes nothing, you have to remove & reinstall the aac drivers for versions 1.7.60 and higher to function correctly in Armoury crate ,

Enjoy your Fixed for good Aura Sync/Armoury Crate

darkspr1te
    You are simply the BEST! Many thanks!!!!

New ROGer Array Polychrome PC Specs
    Polychrome PC Specs
    MotherboardPrime X470 Pro
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)4x8GB Gskill trident DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
    Graphics Card #1Arez Strix RX Vega 56 8GB
    MonitorHP 23f and 24f.
    Storage #1WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB M2
    CPU CoolerThe lazy but pretty one that came in the processor box
    CaseCoolermaster Masterbox Lite
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus GX 850
    Keyboard Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius II Origin
    Headset Speakers all the way....
    Mouse Pad The cheap one at walmart with a charging pad.
    Headset/Speakers Behringer Ms20
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterSome linksys thing that's getting replaced as soon as I get sick of its QoS settings.
    Accessory #1 ROG Terminal Halo
    Accessory #2 A shiny glass desk
    Accessory #3 I really should clean that desk...

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolfCalgary View Post
    Hi all. I had the same problem with Armoury Crate not recognizing devices and unable to control RGB. I tried all of the fixes above and nothing worked. I read somewhere that you should just to turn off the power supply and unplug it. Then press the on button, wait for a bit and plug it back in and start it up. Well it worked, it recognized my my motherboard and I was back in business. Hope this helps.
    I would just like to chime in that this is what did it for me.

On another note: For some reason, and I don't know if it'll show this way on others, Amoury crate kept trying to detect my motherboard as a TUF gaming model up until I did the above fix. I've got a plain old x470-Pro Prime that is neither ROG nor TUF, so no idea how it came to that conclusion.

New ROGer Array

Talking GreyWOLFCALGARY FOR THE WIN!!

Hi all. I had the same problem with Armoury Crate not recognizing devices and unable to control RGB. I tried all of the fixes above and nothing worked. I read somewhere that you should just to turn off the power supply and unplug it. Then press the on button, wait for a bit and plug it back in and start it up. Well it worked, it recognized my my motherboard and I was back in business. Hope this helps.

Weeks and weeks I've been grudgingly waiting for ASUS to fix this, they haven't. Got lucky and saw this, tried it and BAM.....can't say it enough thank you GreyWoldCalgary!!! omg

New ROGer Array

Holy cr@p... I wish I would have thought about doing this sooner. That totally did the trick for my Asus Z-390E Motheraord! Thank you so much for taking the time to put your input on this!

I updated to the latest BIOS, I ran through all the usual and typical troubleshooting steps that we ASUS uses have with Aura/ArmoryCrate multiple times. I wish I would have done this sooner saving me 1 1/2 hours of troublshooting.

All I did was shutdown my computer, turned off the power button on the PSU, unplugged the PSU, held the power button on my case for 10 seconds, went to the kitchen to pour myself a beer, came back plugged the pc back in flipped the PSU switch, pressed the power button and walla beautiful RGB was back and I had a celibritory beer already in my hands.

Thanks again!

Man this software sucks...
    Last edited by TheSonOfScience; 05-23-2020 at 12:02 AM.

ROG Member Array

I expect more from asus when paying premium what the actual **** what a piece of garbage this app is and older software is just as bad, like what the ****

ROG Junior Member Array

My Armoury crate was working previously now suddenly after new update and component updatess within the program its not working any longer my whole program is broken, i should have never updated.

If asus support wont help me fix this, i will send my rog ryujin 360 back and tell the reseller there is a serious issue with their armoury crate program that isnt overwriting previous installtions properly or there is simply missing files, leftover registery that corrupt the whole program and its components to the point where even when uninstalling everything according to FAQ does not help and there have not been any patch or fix for this issue for a long time.

I shouldnt have to reformat my whole windows everytime a new update comes out or its components within the program brakes the whole program, that's just ridicilous solution.
    Last edited by xcr89; 05-27-2020 at 06:36 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3