cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate not recognizing devices and unable to control RGB

coolingthunder
Level 7
Hi,

Just upgraded to an AMD Ryzen 3700X on a Crosshair VIII WiFi mobo.

Yesterday RGB and armoury crate worked fine.

Had to update BIOS and some general drivers and Armoury crate no longer recognizes my motherboard (this sercice only works with ROG devices or something along those lines) and when I click the AURA button I get the message ''connect at least one aura sync compatible device'') which I have:

-RAM
-mobo
-Thermaltake fans and RGB strips on a Thermaltake Aura Sync hub which worked yesterday just fine

-EKWB velocity rgb waterblock
-Bitspower Aura sync compatible flow indicator

all of these are eiter stuck on red or rainbow unicorn barf.

What is causing this? Have already tried reinstalling, clearing CMOS, safe boot reinstall, CCleaner registry cleaner, manual deletion of remnants I could find, REVOuninstaller,.... nothing works.

Any ideas?

Have also tried installing only AURA SYNC but that doesnt even start saying that the auraservice is not running even though I followed all the guides I could find online for installing that program.

Why does none of this work??????
67 REPLIES 67

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Yup. Armoury Crate has been sick for a lot of people--and if you look at the Microsoft store reviews, it is just plain bad. When I first built my latest rig I uninstalled it because it was garbage. Then I later reinstalled it when LiveDash died, and for five or six weeks the lighting and LED control for my Ryujin and R6EO motherboard worked like a dream. Then bam, it died. Solution: uninstall. Since LiveDash doesn't work anymore either there is nothing controlling my lighting or LED.

You have to expect this from Asus. The hardware is great, but the software is usually horrible--and that is being kind. In my case, I will be debating my next build whether or not to stick with Asus.

So that's it then?

I just have to live with all red LEDs on a blue/white themed system?

That's garbage... Anybody who somehow got this junk working?

coolingthunder wrote:
So that's it then?

I just have to live with all red LEDs on a blue/white themed system?

That's garbage... Anybody who somehow got this junk working?

Yes. with hickups but yes. I just start on testing nov 6 week and is doing solid. I can help If leave the junk aside. Find me on ROG DISCORD
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Ezermoth
Level 8
coolingthunder wrote:
Hi,

Just upgraded to an AMD Ryzen 3700X on a Crosshair VIII WiFi mobo.

Yesterday RGB and armoury crate worked fine.

Had to update BIOS and some general drivers and Armoury crate no longer recognizes my motherboard (this sercice only works with ROG devices or something along those lines) and when I click the AURA button I get the message ''connect at least one aura sync compatible device'') which I have:

-RAM
-mobo
-Thermaltake fans and RGB strips on a Thermaltake Aura Sync hub which worked yesterday just fine

-EKWB velocity rgb waterblock
-Bitspower Aura sync compatible flow indicator

all of these are eiter stuck on red or rainbow unicorn barf.

What is causing this? Have already tried reinstalling, clearing CMOS, safe boot reinstall, CCleaner registry cleaner, manual deletion of remnants I could find, REVOuninstaller,.... nothing works.

Any ideas?

Have also tried installing only AURA SYNC but that doesnt even start saying that the auraservice is not running even though I followed all the guides I could find online for installing that program.

Why does none of this work??????

Hey mate,

go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService" and delete the file "LastProfile.xml". Then reboot and (hopefully) thank me here.

Cheers.

Same issue here. It is sad when software that is created by the people you bought your motherboard from isn't detected at all. You have to stop and ask yourself how is this even possible?

This doesn't work with the newer Amoury Crate now. It was a fix for the Aura Sync/lighting though
Ezermoth wrote:
Hey mate,

go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService" and delete the file "LastProfile.xml". Then reboot and (hopefully) thank me here.

Cheers.

1. I uninstall Armoury Crate and all added apps to this software
(Armoury Crate, ARMOURY CRATE Service, Aura Synce)
Paragrah Title : Uninstall Armoury Crate in link below.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654/#_Toc23876759
2. deleted file "LastProfile.xml" and restart PC.
3. after restart PC, i install Armoury Crate again,

and it works for me.
Thank you!!

Ezermoth wrote:
Hey mate,

Cheers.

Whenever there is a sliver of hope... I always get kicked back.

I don't have that directory anymore when using the uninstaller from Armory Crate

😡

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

This worked for me, hopefully ASUS fixes this annoying issue because this shouldn't be happening regardless. 

Thanks for the fix,

I have the worlds Fastest PC ever Built - 1980

I'm finding solution to myu problem in 2023 from post in 2019. Thanks mate. Asus really drop the ball here if issue is not resolved even after 4 years!!! What the f...